Dismantling: Huge spec 1JZ S15 breaking - Bride/Volk/Holset/R154/Exedy/Spec R Aero

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chopaholic

RMS Regular
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
It pains me to do this but unfortunately after the 1JZ engine starting to rattle yesterday I have decided to break my 1JZ S15. I have spent two years slowly building the car and unfortunately now have lost heart and want to go back to owning a 180sx which I care less about and don’t mind pranging off walls.

Please note, the car is still whole and driving and will not be stripped until 2 weeks’ time (due to work commitments). Once the car has been stripped the items that have not had a deposit placed on them will be photographed.

All prices are collected from Northern Ireland, however I can arrange postage at buyer’s expense, all items will be wrapped correctly or large items can be put on a pallet for collection.

Deposit/full payment can be taken on all items and upon removing them from the car they will be posted out. Please note I offer NO refund on the deposits placed, I do not want my time wasted.

Please no silly offers. All payments/deposits by Paypal with fees covered or as gift.

The car is currently sitting as pictured.

9SPXXx2.jpg

GpddV4x.jpg

VAvQdsk.jpg

SCou0JI.jpg

v9iPnPX.jpg

s0Mk19B.jpg

ZESsuxh.jpg

wvdGxmW.jpg

5UfP9h0.jpg

YcKvuHk.jpg

Qmik9fN.jpg

OcgAv2o.jpg

S15 Shell – Headlights, tail lights, full interior bar seats/steering wheel, bonnet, doors, all glass, mint underneath, has a modified slam panel for the 1JZ swap but can include the original section to be put back in, Car was previously in the South of Ireland so has had VRT paid, in the UK its MOT’d until January 2016 – Decent offers please.

R154 Gearbox – Good condition with smooth changes, always ran with fresh oil. Bare box. £900

R154 > 1JZ Bellhousing - Prov Sold.

Exedy Single Stage, Clutch, Flywheel and pressure plate - £250

R154 extended shifter (custom made) all high quality TIG welded - SOLD.

Will do the gearbox, bellhousing, clutch and shifter as a package for - £1370

1JZ > Sbody prop shaft, welded and balanced by Richard Bradley - £100

Holset HY35 Turbo, 2.5” outlet, internal wastegate has been TIG welded shut, comes with lines to fit 1JZ, the correct restrictor and fittings. Has been ran on my car for less than 4000 miles - DEPOSIT TAKEN.

1JZ Toyosport Single turbo manifold, has had the wastegate position modified to clear an Sbody steering rack, also has a strength bar added. Can include new gasket - DEPOSIT TAKEN.

50mm Wastegate – fits the above manifold via Vband. - DEPOSIT TAKEN.

Front Mount Intercooler - £100

50mm Rad modified to fit a JZ Sbody, all TIG welded - SOLD.

2JZ/1JZ Alternator, was bought as a reconditioned unit only 4 months ago - £80

1JZ GTE Soarer Auto ECU – £80

1JZ > Sbody conversion mounts, Engine & Gearbox - £100

Full JZ Sbody HKS Hi Power exhaust system, including silencer, Tig welded together to fit, has some scrape marks in the mid-section where the car was running low - £200

Turbo 2.5” > 3” 1JZ Exhaust downpipe, with flanges for AFM and Lambda, clears steering knuckle - DEPOSIT TAKEN.

1JZ Front sump, some light marks from running low, needs a new bung bolt - £250

Daiyama coilovers, all good condition and were almost new when I put them in - DEPOSIT TAKEN

S14/S15 adjustable rear arm set - £100

S14/S15 Subframe with solid driftworks bushes - £80

Skyline R33 brake set up, with handbrake. Drilled and grooved discs, meaty pads. - DEPOSIT TAKEN

Skyline R33 braided brake lines front and rear - £40

S15 Spec R Aero front bumper, genuine plastic, has had repair work from being damaged before, front lower lip still has some minor marks and a small graze on passenger side from touching kerb - SOLD

S15 Spec R Aero skirts, genuine plastic, good condition - £300

S15 Spec R rear bumper with Aero spats, genuine plastic, good condition - £300

Origin front over fenders, genuine origin purchased from Japan - SOLD

Origin rear over fenders, genuine origin purchased from Japan - SOLD

Origin rear roof spoiler, genuine origin purchased from Japan - SOLD

Defi style oil temp gauge - DEPOSIT TAKEN

Defi style oil pressure gauge - DEPOSIT TAKEN

Defi style water temp gauge - DEPOSIT TAKEN

Defi style RPM gauge - DEPOSIT TAKEN

HKS Turbo timer - £25

Blitz old school boost controller, hi/low boost with scramble boost, everything present including all wiring - SOLD

AEM Air/Fuel ration kit, everything included, 5 months old - DEPOSIT TAKEN.

Volk GTC 18x10 ET–2 18x9 ET0, some marks on the lips but overall in good condition, no bends or buckles, come with two brand new tyres on front and worn ones on the rear. These are very aggressive and rare - £1350

Bride Vios Low Max, Kevlar backed, pair, both in very good condition, comes with universal rails - £550

Bride super low driver side rail, side mount – £130

Please private message me if you are interested in parts.

Thanks

Dylan.

Last edited:

chopaholic

RMS Regular
OP
chopaholic
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
Thanks guys but ive already started the madness of selling haha

It isn't a hard fix as it is, but I have just lost heart, I want another 180sx to be a bit more careless with, with the price of cars from Japan at the moment there has never been a better time. I could also do with freeing up some money towards other things.

Cess

RMS Staff
Gutted. :worried: Can I come and see it before you start? Haven't even seen it yet

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
If the bad engine is going cheap, it would be awesome for a table

jordan 375

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
Maybe consider advertising on few of the drift forums if you havent already,hate to say it but n.ireland is the worst place for selling things full of timewasters and dreamers wanting it for nothing,mainland is a lot better mate

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Still can't believe you are doing this, would be a perfect time for a 1.5JZ or even a 2JZ. You say you want a car you care less about yet you are breaking this one so that doesn't make sense, I guess what I'm saying is just fix it and drive and don't care for it more than you want to.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Can someone educate me on the 1JZ, 1.5JZ and 2JZ engines?

What cars did these all come in standard? I know the Supra had a 2JZ?!

Shaun

RMS Regular
Still can't believe you are doing this, would be a perfect time for a 1.5JZ or even a 2JZ. You say you want a car you care less about yet you are breaking this one so that doesn't make sense, I guess what I'm saying is just fix it and drive and don't care for it more than you want to.

When you could get 3 or 4 180sx's from Japan and have just as much fun in for the price in this car it makes sense to break it. You'd have more fun smashing a 2-3k car off a hedge rather than something you've spent over 2years building and the money that's been put into it.

andy.

RMS Regular
Drives
MKVI GTI
K's racing on eBay do a good manifold for them if you don't want to spend big money. Seen 4 of them now and they've all been 100%

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Can someone educate me on the 1JZ, 1.5JZ and 2JZ engines?

What cars did these all come in standard? I know the Supra had a 2JZ?!

1JZ is the 2.5 and the 2JZ is the 3.0. 2JZ can handle more power and have more torque with similar mods. The 1.5JZ is a hybrid of the two, usually a 3.0 bottom end with the 1JZ head, these didn't come from the factory.
1JZ's come in chasers, Mk3 Supras and soarers.
Mk4 Supras and aristos had a turbocharged 2JZ from factory although the NA engines can be found in soarers and is300s and the more basic aristo/gs300.
Might be some more obscure ones but that's the jist of it.

chopaholic

RMS Regular
OP
chopaholic
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
Maybe consider advertising on few of the drift forums if you havent already,hate to say it but n.ireland is the worst place for selling things full of timewasters and dreamers wanting it for nothing,mainland is a lot better mate

I already buy/sell on most of them and all the stuff has been advertised already, 95% of the stuff I sell has went to Mainland. Thanks though!

When you could get 3 or 4 180sx's from Japan and have just as much fun in for the price in this car it makes sense to break it. You'd have more fun smashing a 2-3k car off a hedge rather than something you've spent over 2years building and the money that's been put into it.

As Shaun says Ian, I want a cheaper car which costs less to maintain, although as a few people will know I wasn't feared of having fun in the S15, the expensive headlights, expensive glass, expensive panels, expensive wheels all start to get the better of you when you are wondering if you should push that little bit harder.

This S15 will be alot of money in breaking as you can see from the thread, I will be buying a 180sx and putting the rest of the money into something I have been planning for a little while :grinning:

@Artoir - All the turbo stuff has gone already mate but 100% consider a HY35 for your car, Awesome turbo on a JZ.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.