I'm Looking for a job ?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ghost

RMS Regular
Alright peeps, looking for a job atm , can anyone help ? Would do nearly anything lol good money obviously . Wouldnt mind a job to do with cars etc ? Any thoughts?

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Cheers mate, do u know if they have a decent wage ?

-Pete-

RMS Regular
probably minimum wage.

why not try a job centre too.

or go round some garages cold calling asking if they have any vacancies.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
http://www.jobcentreonline.com/

CAR VALT NEW DEAL ONLY - (Part-time / Permanent)

Job reference : 719241
Date notified : 16/06/2006
Job location : SKEGONIEL AVE
Salary : 5.05 PER HOUR
Hours : 20
Worktime : 20+ HOURS PER WEEK
Closing date : 30/06/2006
Pension Type : OTHER

Employer : FORTWILLIAM CAR VALLET
Business : CAR VALETING
Address : 1 SKEGONEIL AVENUE
BELFAST
Postcode : BT15 3JN
Telephone : 028 90778800

Job Duties : ALL DUTIES PERTAINING TO CAR VALETING
Qualifications/ Experience : EXPERIENCE DESIRED

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Cheers lads, lol Does any one wana start a business for modifying cars Btw? I have business experience and need a little experience when it comes to certwin things to do with cars? Real deal here, any one interested? Any business men out there? pm me

RickyB

RMS Regular
Drives
E3VO X
I would pick another line of business!!! N.Ireland only has so many cars out there and theres enough car accessory retailers and fitters to meet these needs. Seen it go belly up for too many people now and there will be a few more to come!

-Pete-

RMS Regular
scoobyrb555 said:
I would pick another line of business!!! N.Ireland only has so many cars out there and theres enough car accessory retailers and fitters to meet these needs. Seen it go belly up for too many people now and there will be a few more to come!

seconded

another of the problems is that theres to many sods out there trying to do it and not having the right attitude or enough business experience or else their level of goods and service is just pish! theres a greater need for professionalism and not just a case of "my mate can get me this blah blah blah" ^o)

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Yeah ano lads, i have outsourced products from the usa with alot lower prices but with the same quality, thats why i need some one with a bit of experience in the cars etc to help out ? Would maybe need some where to store the **** and fit !

-Pete-

RMS Regular
have you any sort of business plan to even interest or explain to prospective investors/partners/financial backers how they will earn their money back or whens the soonest they will see a return etc?? you need to have an idea of these things and all projections to have a better idea of how you will be able to stay afloat, such as realistic figures for renting a unit/shop , bills and overheads as well as stock purchasing, controlling your stock levels effectively and the list goes on and on.

im not trying to put your idea down, far from it, i commend youfor it but the last thing northern ireland needs now is another car accessory retailer/fitter. you need to make yourself stand out from the crowd or offer something different to stay ahead of the game.

Dreed

I say go for it! Get a business plan sorted, head to LEDU if your serious. If you have an idea that could succeed they will help you with a plan and the funding if needed.

Prince's trust is another idea.

RickyB

RMS Regular
Drives
E3VO X
LEDU will give u **** all squared!!! Only money going at the min is Invest NI and they give u £300 if u do an 8 week course 2 nights a week. Been there, done that. Think Joe there has also looked at this in detail by the sound of it. Not putting your idea down just trying to let u think. One very large car acc outlet and fitter opened in NI recently with a lot of hype but I would stand by and watch how long it lasts. It has excellent premises, staff and all the best gear but I cant understand how the market in NI can support it. All of us here like to get the last penny off and I dont believe there is much customer loyalty. If you see it £10 cheaper in a shop out of an English Magazine u'll be away getting it.

You need to be offering sumthing really new and different in the car acc business now......................

jonny106

RMS Regular
Drives
Vtec....errr yo!
scoobyrb555 said:
LEDU will give u **** all squared!!! Only money going at the min is Invest NI and they give u £300 if u do an 8 week course 2 nights a week. Been there, done that. Think Joe there has also looked at this in detail by the sound of it. Not putting your idea down just trying to let u think. One very large car acc outlet and fitter opened in NI recently with a lot of hype but I would stand by and watch how long it lasts. It has excellent premises, staff and all the best gear but I cant understand how the market in NI can support it. All of us here like to get the last penny off and I dont believe there is much customer loyalty. If you see it £10 cheaper in a shop out of an English Magazine u'll be away getting it.

Pretty sensible words here.Although did LEDU not change their name to Invest NI?They are also very pushy about getting their money back when it suits them.

beefo

RMS Regular
i went to premiere in town on a thurs and they had me a job the next wed that's pretty cushy if i've to be honest

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
a career lol depends what ever one comes first lol jUST NEED THE MONEY LOL

-Pete-

RMS Regular
theres just such a risk of being a flash in the pan with this sort of business here. professionalism will be your best way of staying afloat here, take a leaf out of the books of audio advice, iceman, incar audio, sound in motion, even the up and coming sq design boys. i know theyre all ice shops , but even other accessory retailers, the need is still massive to be professional but still offe the best stuff at the best price.

an issue here with our market is that too many young drivers just want the el cheapo mods that are just nasty so anyone can get started into this sort of thing withouth much trouble, becoming established is the hardest part. look at baron for instance, he just started up in his own place doing this after leaving his job etc. im not sure if hes found it initially very difficult or not but he has plenty of new and innovative things to offer people and he has a reputation thats second to none in car audio circles. he also offers a full trimming service etc etc.

my point being he is an example of someone who will do well out of this game due to what he has to offer.

im honestly not putting you down but it just doesnt seem like you have given much thought to this, but luckily you havent ventured into it much yet so maybe you will find plenty out before you have a chance to make to many mistakes

as the others said, maybe have a talk with ledu or invest ni or whoever else is out there offering investment schemes. only a phone call away and they could really help with trying to sort you out.

good luck and keep us posted as to how you get on

Bibby

RMS Regular
Drives
Holden Omega Ute
firstly the one question you will be asked most places seing as your going to be an apprentice
WHAT AGE ARE YOU? if you are over the age of 18 and are hoping to get into the motor trade as an apprentice with a big company, forget about it! they wont take you on, as they have to pay you to be there, and as you cant do out yet, and they are paying you, it's a big loss of money for them so they say no!!!
where as if your younger and you enrole in a motor mechanics course in tec, they will put you in a placement for a job, though you will only be getting £40 a week plus travel expenses, normally about £18, not that much considering your travel if driving yourself will prob cost near that a week!

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Yeah i know lads, am only 18 and in response to andy, im taking a year out and maybe going to university next year depending on how the 'Career' goes this year lol why you ask >?

Gavin

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Student work will be alot different to full-time career work!

Student work could land you in B&Q or Tesco's - im sure you wouldnt want to work there for ever!

Career work - get into the civil service and work your way up! Or go out and get a trade...like bricklaying etc

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.