I'm Looking for a job ?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chrisdromore

RMS Regular
Drives
a8
Bricklaying is apparently the best paid trade there is money wise

youl make more laying bricks than u ever would in the civil service...

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Bricklaying and plastering are both well paid...especially if your good!!

Basically no-one leaving school wants to go on the trowel, and choose joinery etc, as it isnt as dirty!!

My Dad's a bricklayer by trade, and if i wasnt teaching id definately be on site

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
Well how do u go about bricklaying ? and where are you teaching now andy ?

pixie-racing

Drives
nissan 200sx
if you are lookin alternative work-abbey bank are lookin for people in their call centre(beside central station).i work in the bt tower and i think we where lookin for staff aswell.will check it out for u.as far as wages are concerned.i earn £6.05 an hour, which is pretty good for sitting on ure arse all day takin calls.

Dreed

Only downside to bricky is the weather, depending on what work your doing. Excellent time of year for labouring, ring round all the builder yards, if you had exp. you'd be in there no probs ;)

If in your shoes i'd go into a trade right away, i did joinery when i left school but got kicked on last year, was only 3 year course for NVQ lvl3, joiners earn top notch cash!

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
they earn enough....real money is in bricklaying and plastering though!!

@ Baxter - go to BIFHE in Belfast and enroll in their trade programme. Say your interested in bricklaying

Ghost

RMS Regular
OP
Ghost
yea the trades sound good like ! thanks lads

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.