Importing a car from South of Ireland to the North

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Pretty much the same process though I'd double-check the VRT/VAT situation, iirc panel vans have no VRT and crew cab type ones pay a reduced amount. I don't know if this has any bearing on the VAT you pay (if any) when you bring it into the UK.

yea the vat is the tricky bit but to try and get through to someone in HMRC is proving to be difficult lol just don't want to be caught out doing the Nova and having a bill to pay.. would be great if anyone has imported a fresh enough commercial vehicle from the south?

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
update, bought the van or given shall we say from my work..

the only question I have is the certificate of conformity is proving difficult when I ring the dealers they literally know more about a jam sandwich and citroen online is charging 200 quid and you've to apply with a pile of paperwork. This certificate wont even do me as my van only reads KPH not both so I need a further letter of mutual recognition or some jazz,

anyways if I pay the 199 and get an IVA done with new clocks in it will that cancel out any certificates etc needed is it one or the other ?

thanks