Integra wont start

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

JH86

RMS Regular
if the engine is 100% after the water then tow it.. allways works when theres a bit of damp about the higher revs make the difference then your trying to start it

providing you know the engine is 100%

pablo

RMS Moderator
could have dunged the valves? Quick comression test would tell you. very easy to do if you know someone with a compression tester

If its getting spark AND fuel its not a sensor/alarm/electrical problem. Its something mechanical imo.

you said you checked timing but only on the cams? The cams might still be timed but they need to be in time with the crank also.

PrimO

RMS Regular
Even with poor pressure it should still start, only very low pressure is needed when the car is idling, its only when driving at higher revs that higher pressure is needed.

If it was the crank sensor then the CEL would come on.
If all this happened after going through a flood then logically it has to be related to something being water damaged. If you know someone with an ITR see if they'll let you borrow their distributor (the whole thing) and see if it helps any.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
I doubt its valves, if they were bent the car would turn over way faster due to a lack of compression.

Only mechanical thing i can think of is the timing has been knocked out somehow.

Does the car even attempt to start? Give a wee cough/splutter?

If its getting fuel and spark and not even trying to start you'd think it would be ECU/immobiliser related.

If the immobiliser allows fuel and spark, its the the worst immobilser ever made.(y)

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
The night after i went though the puddle i did all that was mentioned on here, took the plugs out, turned it over by hand, no water. I took the distributor cap off and still no dampness. I then fitted the exhuast the night after and had the car running, although is spluttered and wasnt the easiest to start, also when i gave it blips of throttle it was hesitant and misfired but after a couple it was ok and idled normally. I then took it for a 5 minute spin to hear the new exhaust, this is were is idled high, although still engaged vtec and drove fine, when i came back i turned the car off, and then 10 minutes later turned it back on and drove it into the drive where it sat until the next morning. Because a bolt in the exhaust had snapped when i test drove it i fixed it the next morning, after fixing it i decided to start the car to see if the system was blowing out, this is the point in which it has since refused to start

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
Even with poor pressure it should still start, only very low pressure is needed when the car is idling, its only when driving at higher revs that higher pressure is needed.

If it was the crank sensor then the CEL would come on.
If all this happened after going through a flood then logically it has to be related to something being water damaged. If you know someone with an ITR see if they'll let you borrow their distributor (the whole thing) and see if it helps any.

I think i will give that a go, can i use a b16a2 distributor?

I doubt its valves, if they were bent the car would turn over way faster due to a lack of compression.

Only mechanical thing i can think of is the timing has been knocked out somehow.

Does the car even attempt to start? Give a wee cough/splutter?

If the immobiliser allows fuel and spark, its the the worst immobilser ever made.(y)

I took a video but with my luck my phone has also given up on me. The car just turns over, but when i changed the battery with a known working one, it sounded different for the first attempt and then returned to sounding like before.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
there wouldnt be something wrong with the exhaust? something blocking fumes from escaping? try taking it off at the front and starting her

c4rsa

RMS Regular
Drives
careful..
exhaust

any sensors about there lamba etc which might stop it starting?

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
There is a lamba sensor but no lights come up on the dash, i checked it but will have another look when i take the cat off. Thanks steve i never thought of that

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.