Integra wont start

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
When i had the fuel filter off gary there was fuel in the line
Did you get someone to try turning the car over to see if it spat the fuel out tho???

Not sure if theres a fuel cut off switch in Integra's :confounded: I wouldnt swear by that however... Time to get onto DC2 forum me thinks m'ladio...

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
Did you get someone to try turning the car over to see if it spat the fuel out tho???

Not sure if theres a fuel cut off switch in Integra's :confounded: I wouldnt swear by that however... Time to get onto DC2 forum me thinks m'ladio...

No i didnt try that, will give it a go tomorrow

PrimO

RMS Regular
There is no fuel cut off switch in the DC2.

Do not tow it, if its not starting on its own a tow wont help, it could make things worse.

If as you say its turning over quickly then that can be a sign that the timing belt has slipped a tooth or two. Its not building up compression as the timing is off and so it wont start.

Pull the valve cover off, and check the timing marks. Then buy new spark plugs and fit them before trying to start it.

Quit trying to start it until you have done those things as you'll end up killing your battery and/or buring out the coil in the distributor.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
That will do, is a new rocker cover gasket required when taking the valve cover off or is the old one still useable? Probably better just getting a new honda one to be safe.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
providing the seal is still soft and maleable then its good to go again

but you will have to use some tribond on the 6 small tabs to hold it in place and prevent any leaking

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
4 brand new plugs, all leads are sparking, changed the battery with a working one, and all plugs are wet with petrol after turning it over. Still nothing grr

Dee

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra GSI/Corol
where is the ecu located gary?is the immobilser light going out when the ignition is switched on?

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
OP
Captain Starlet
Drives
S2000
Pull the fuse out or disconnect the battery.

Reset ECU - Team Integra

If its getting fuel and spark and not even trying to start you'd think it would be ECU/immobiliser related.

Will try that tomorrow and see how it goes.

where is the ecu located gary?is the immobilser light going out when the ignition is switched on?

Ecu is in the passenger foot well, there is no immobilser light on ignition that i can see.

so ur getting a good spark and the fuel pump is working

Yip seems so.

They way it was hard to start before and then idled at 3000 seems to me that its a problem un related to the immobliser but i will check all the above to rule them out. I think im going to buy a leakdown and compression check to rule out poor compression.

adamski08

RMS Regular
Drives
96 ek civic
if you can gary do wha paul said to try see what that does.
wha was it crank sensor or somethin

PrimO

RMS Regular
If the engine is getting fuel and spark and the timing is ok then you need to look at the alarm/immobiliser. Is the alarm aftermarket or is it just the factory immobiliser fitted? If its the standard factory immobiliser then borrow a JDM ECU and fit it and see if it will start with it, even if you have an aftermarket alarm/immobiliser it might be worth your while trying another ECU just to eliminate it from the equation.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
if its getting fuel and spark it most definitely is not the immobiliser, as it will work by cutting fuel and/or spark.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.