IOM TT 2018 News

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
All i'm saying is, 1 lap of the TT against, how many is there? 10 other riders? And only a few of those have TT trophys on their shelf. That is a bit easier that 6 laps against 30 other riders where a lot of them have wins. Should't get a trophy and a win to your name for a parade lap.

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
I know someone who became a champion cyclist while being the only rider competing in the womens race. She still had to ride 100 miles at race pace and beat a lot of men in the process..

1 lap or 10, 4 entrants or 40 - a win is a win.

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
My hat goes off to any rider that throws there leg over a motorcycle whether its electric or not and the speeds there getting upto now or a sidecar and gives it there all around the TT course.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Rules are rules, races are races and a win is indeed a win.

I accept it is a win. Personally, It’s the one lap that makes it hard to level against the other races.

Dervhead

RMS Regular
Drives
SEAT
Just saw this on Twitter from @patrickfarrance

Number of #iomtt wins before the age of 30 -

Joey Dunlop - 2 wins

John McGuinness - 2 wins

Ian Hutchinson - 3 wins

Steve Hislop - 8 wins

Giacomo Agostini - 10 wins

Mike Hailwood - 12 wins

Michael Dunlop - 18 wins & Counting

:neutral:

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Just saw this on Twitter from @patrickfarrance

Number of #iomtt wins before the age of 30 -

Joey Dunlop - 2 wins

John McGuinness - 2 wins

Ian Hutchinson - 3 wins

Steve Hislop - 8 wins

Giacomo Agostini - 10 wins

Mike Hailwood - 12 wins

Michael Dunlop - 18 wins & Counting

:neutral:
Thats some stat there...wow

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
Watching the highlights on telly, and thought i'd have a bit of a rant and whinge, even Michael Rutter said it felt like an age going round on the 1 lapper zero and could'nt wait for it to end.
Also.......I've been thinking this all week......why have they got Jodie (big bird) Kidd on the programme ? Shes cr*p and has as much knowledge of bike racing as Kylie Minogue. I thought Suzie Perry was bad enough, but at least she had a clue.

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
Watching the highlights on telly, and thought i'd have a bit of a rant and whinge, even Michael Rutter said it felt like an age going round on the 1 lapper zero and could'nt wait for it to end.
Also.......I've been thinking this all week......why have they got Jodie (big bird) Kidd on the programme ? Shes cr*p and has as much knowledge of bike racing as Kylie Minogue. I thought Suzie Perry was bad enough, but at least she had a clue.
Miss wee jamie whitham and even have parish over kidd ...tho shes nice to look at...them legs never end :p

Chris666

RMS Regular
OP
Chris666
Drives
Often
She could have done a lot worse for a first fortnight on the job, I didn't like how they did the whole "and heres Cam at Ballgarey to tell us why it's called Ballascarey" segways. The whole thing was the production co's idea.

IMO we've been spoilt with such good commentary elsewhere.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Miss wee jamie whitham and even have parish over kidd ...tho shes nice to look at...them legs never end :p
She's like an ironing board, put her in Padgetts leathers and you couldnt tell the difference between her and Connor Cummins. I also noticed in some of the earlier programmes that she does a Ricky Bobby with her hands, she doesnt know what to do with them so they just start to float about
tenor.gif

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.