Jap Car Culture INDOOR JAP ONLY EVENT BELFAST Sunday 10th July 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nathan Quin

RMS Member
Drives
Honda civic EP3
you could invite trade stands from England over that are jap based to try and get a name for the show people like driftworks may come with their cars and a trade stand

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Do everything GTINI do in relation to how the show is run, except have Jap instead of VAG. Thats the only way I see it working.

ali619

RMS Regular
Yeah I seen that too myself.

Hopefully this does go ahead as it would be something I'd love to see grow

hippyross

RMS Regular
Yeah your right and I've a car I'd like to make an effort to finish for it and show.

sauce

RMS Regular
OP
sauce
Drives
tdi golf
I only cancelled the Fb that was put up to work out interests. Same as the car culture live event was put up just to say yes it's happening.

Few more meetings to attend but aim for event to be established by late January and event date to be July. Lots of work to do.

Also car culture live updates :
Car culture live will be taking place in May at bishops court circuit. A impressive line up of circuit racing including boss Ireland ,seat Cupra cup, gt racing etc stepping entirely away from the boy racer image aiming to mature our flag ship event into a professional mature car enthusiasts event. Circuit /track time or any track activity completely closed to public. May consider auto test.
Show and shine will still take place. I believe the brand needs better regonition for its flag ship event to maintain its life span. And by closing access of the track to the public and favouring more circuit racing we will eliminate certain clyintel from wanting to attend.
I also understand this might come at a price of blow to attendance for differs or drifters but even if we offered up a area for diffing or drifting this clyintels nature has proven time and time again they can't follow simple rules and feel it's there right to diff in out of bound areas or even the road /entrance to a venue.
There actions reflecting 100% on the event /brand. Camping at Ccl is still up for discussion as is if it's 1 or 2 day event.

Any more developments il update as and when I get them any questions get me a lot quicker on Facebook like page. Here's to 2016 !

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Think thats the right move for CCL. Need to try something to keep away the idiots who ruin it for everyone else.

sauce

RMS Regular
OP
sauce
Drives
tdi golf
Titanic exhibition centre booked 9th July !
Judges confirmed as both orchard county detailing & total perfection. Few more odds and ends to tie up and website sub domain pages to build but yeah .. Progress !

Would love to do a retro jap concours competition. Thoughts ?

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Titanic exhibition centre booked 9th July !
Judges confirmed as both orchard county detailing & total perfection. Few more odds and ends to tie up and website sub domain pages to build but yeah .. Progress !

Would love to do a retro jap concours competition. Thoughts ?

I know I'm not into the Jap scene, but I've never seen any retro Jap concourse cars at shows? Well unless you count that horrific looking blue MX5? Plus you'll need proper concourse Judges as concourse is worlds apart from show and shine.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
'Concourse' category would be pretty difficult to judge... as is 'show n shine'... as we all seem to have different opinions lol

It's all well and good having detailers as judges, but they also need to be well tuned in on the proper 'jap scene' and what makes a show winner for each category! My only advice at the min would be keep it simple and it will flow really well. The base is there now, the cars are in the country, just get them all in 1 place (y) and hats off to you already for making a date happen... exciting times to have a proper japanese car show again! Really looking forward to it!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Chrisd1 would be a good judge for this in fairness, not much jap you have not poked about and will fully understand what effort really went into what builds/mods... not just whats shiny or who paid £600 for a detail last week

MarkM

RMS Regular
Chrisd1 would be a good judge for this in fairness, not much jap you have not poked about and will fully understand what effort really went into what builds/mods... not just whats shiny or who paid £600 for a detail last week

I'm not a great fan of showing my car, but I really do object to show'n'shine or concours, I like a clean car but really can't be arsed detailing or being too anal about it, a show to showcase quality jap metal I'd be up for, anything else I'll just visit

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Yeh, i wouldnt bother with any specific show and shine bit or concourse bit, just stick them all in together, anyone who wants to win a prize, clean it more, anyone who just wants to take part, euro car wash and some tire slick.

I would suspect the best route is not to get to anal, jap cars are generally more about the driving, performance and modification, and a lot of the time the shinyness comes a close second. Especially if you wish to include some drift cars or rally cars as generally thats were some of the best performance is and funky transplants and mods
A dubshed outlook wont work.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I'd certainly break out the Scooby for this. If you'll have it that is.

Last edited:

JonnyG-Tturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
R35 Evo9
There's something to be said about appreciating Japanese engineering and appreciating some nice rare cars barely seen on these shores.

I would imagine there will be a huge range of both garage queens and well...'others'. Who cares, get them out

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Show and shine and concourse are worlds apart. Concourse really is white gloves on and look for dirt everywhere. Show and shine is for well kept, driven cars.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.