Lanes/Targa Rallies

OZ10

RMS Regular
Yeah was a great day, great lanes but so many code boards made it just not as enjoyable as it should have been. Photos will be online at www.peespeed.com later today probably. He has a Facebook page as well

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
I really enjoyed the day. Everything seemed to work right, I didn't drive into anything, and even found most ( but not all ) of the code boards. Still think the actual lanes that queens use are great! mx5moore, I take it you'll be out for a few more then?

mx5moore

RMS Regular
Drives
http://www.reall
I really enjoyed the day. Everything seemed to work right, I didn't drive into anything, and even found most ( but not all ) of the code boards. Still think the actual lanes that queens use are great! mx5moore, I take it you'll be out for a few more then?

Would love to get out for a few more but work Saturdays and the already have all my days off booked so need to check what events are on when I am off.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Yeah was a great day, great lanes but so many code boards made it just not as enjoyable as it should have been. Photos will be online at www.peespeed.com later today probably. He has a Facebook page as well

Code boards are a pain but unfortunately they are the only way to slow the tests down, there is no other option. Clifford has made a statement saying that there won't be any code boards next year but there is no way that the lanes will be workable without them. So if you are doing the rally next year expect to see code boards again.

This is the direct link to the photos:
http://public.fotki.com/speedy/2013-events/summer-lanes/

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Code boards are a pain but unfortunately they are the only way to slow the tests down, there is no other option. Clifford has made a statement saying that there won't be any code boards next year but there is no way that the lanes will be workable without them. So if you are doing the rally next year expect to see code boards again.

This is the direct link to the photos:
http://public.fotki.com/speedy/2013-events/summer-lanes/

Yea, I can see how having no code boards like my dad said being un-workable if there aren't a lot of marshals. But at the very least we will be trying to reduce the amount of them for next year/make them rather more obvious. All the same I feel that they did do the job of slowing things down!

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Yea, I can see how having no code boards like my dad said being un-workable if there aren't a lot of marshals. But at the very least we will be trying to reduce the amount of them for next year/make them rather more obvious. All the same I feel that they did do the job of slowing things down!

Just a thought, but on at least one UAC event on the past, there was large 'CB' board facing the oncoming car. This marked the position of the codeboard very clearly, so people know where to stop. Only issue was, is that some people thought 'CB' was the actual code.... :confounded:. As long as its made clear in the regs / drivers briefing, then i'd think something like that would be workable imho.

Just fyi, with the exception of the 'Normans' test on saturday, we found all the code boards at the places marked on the diagrams without any difficulty. earney even went one better and got the codeboards in Normans.... which i was deeply impressed by as we evidently sailed passed them obliviously :oops:

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Cookstown Lanes rally is this Saturday 27th July. It is the first time they have run this type of event, but breakfast and lunch are included so that is enough to get me to give it a go. I still haven't done anything about getting my Nova MOTed so I will be navigating for my brother in the 318 compact. Hope the predicted storms and flooding don't cause the club any problems.

I'm not sure if they are still taking entries but I know there is still some space if anyone wants to try for a late entry, here are the details.
Regs: http://www.cookstownmotorclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Regs-Lanes-Rally-20132.pdf
Entry Form: http://www.cookstownmotorclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Lanes-Rally-Entry-Form13.pdf

OZ10

RMS Regular
Not sure how everyone missed them in normans, they weren't the same as the others but were number plate type.

On the code board issue, I don't think people have a problem with the code board themselves but rather trying to find code boards were the issue. So my suggestions, either find a way of clearly and accurately marking the diagram where they are or as one test had a orange arrow on the opposite side of the road pointing to it.

OZ10

RMS Regular
Looks like it was hacked last night......(goes hunting for a backup I hope I made)

Edit : Back online now

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Down to Larne tomorrow for the Laharna Lanes Rally, really looking forward to it, seems like a very long time since we have had a lanes/targa rally.

All this rain over night and today will make things very slippy!

Reactions: Mel

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Down to Larne tomorrow for the Laharna Lanes Rally, really looking forward to it, seems like a very long time since we have had a lanes/targa rally.

All this rain over night and today will make things very slippy!

Should be a good day, I was asked to marshall at it but sadly have something else on :worried:

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
if anyone isn't out at Larne and wants a seat with Robert Woodside Jnr in his bid for the overall win, gimme a shout.

Ideally have a little experience of doing these events

Reactions: Mel

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Good stuff. Hopefully wont be long before you get her sorted.

Think we got 2nd in class and 8th OA.

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
OP
RallyCiaran
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Great days craic down in Larne, some great new lanes and weirdly more grip once the rain started.

I got caught out on a round bale chicane that was tighter than I expected and I lost both my wing mirrors. If anyone has a couple of Nova wing mirrors for sale then please get in touch as I need them before my next rally on Friday night.