Lease deals thread

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
the golf deal isn't the worst of your after a derv and 10k miles, you could get a sporty petrol with more power a decent bit cheaper though

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Feckers, you didnt get it easy with all that Pablo. was DM Kieth the dealer who supplied your car? they were very good to work with I found.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Maybe they have got their act together. It was VWFS who delayed mine by messing up the contracts.

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
So the Corsa VXR that we leased is up for sale on Auto trader for £10499. It was sold at auction a few weeks ago in England but I don't know what price it fetched.

List price for this car with metallic paint as extra was just a touch over £18000, ok the lease company will be paying less. We paid exactly £4399 over 2 years to lease it.

Say worst case scenario the dealer is making a grand on it so they bought it at auction for £9499 and best case that's what the leasing company got back (they won't have with auction fees etc). Then there's transport cost back to England (Woodside's took it) etc. Then there's car tax which they pay.

The numbers don't add up. How can they be making any money?

They'd need to have got that car around 4k below list price to break even.

Vauxhall Corsa 1.6T VXR 3dr

Last edited:

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
So the Corsa VXR that we leased is up for sale on Auto trader for £10499. It was sold at auction a few weeks ago in England but I don't know what price it fetched.

List price for this car with metallic paint as extra was just a touch over £18000, ok the lease company will be paying less. We paid exactly £4399 over 2 years to lease it.

Say worst case scenario the dealer is making a grand on it so they bought it at auction for £9499 and best case that's what the leasing company got back (they won't have with auction fees etc). Then there's transport cost back to England (Woodside's took it) etc.

Considering I have just bought a Focus for 63% of list I would imagine the lease companies are getting heavy discount. Even if they bought it at say 70% of list which would be £12600. Take from that your payments of £4400 then it was standing then £8200. Transport say £150. So at £9500 auction price they made £1150 gross - obviously fees etc but still feasible that they made money

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
They don't pay list price.

However to quote a friend, who is senior within a leasing company:

"Some of those online deals don't make any sense"

Some of them really are exceedingly good value and must be heavily subsidised by the manufacturers. No one's going to lease a car out at a loss.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip

Say worst case scenario the dealer is making a grand on it so they bought it at auction for £9499 and best case that's what the leasing company got back (they won't have with auction fees etc). Then there's transport cost back to England (Woodside's took it) etc. Then there's car tax which they pay.

Lol at the 3k miles.

Rallyfreaks

RMS Regular
Drives
Golfs

They don't buy them at anywhere near list -all lease agents/companies get them at mega discounted prices and then get further offers to move stock.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
i had thought about the lease companies and how they make money aswell but aren't they just the broker? So they get admin fees and a commission payment from the finance side of whoever the manufacturers are. For example in my case it's VWFS who own the car so they are probably getting the car at cost price straight from SEAT.

It must be the only way it works, as otherwise there's no way they could make money on some of the deals about. Take mine for eg. List is something like £31k, we pay around £5500 over the 2 years and that leaves around £25k. There are 2 year old early cupras around now for about 16k-17k, so that leaves a big gap of cash there....they must get the cars at 50% off list or something

Last edited:

Dave..

RMS Regular
Audi A3 Sportback S3 TFSI Quattro 5dr - Central (UK) Vehicle Leasing
Audi A3 Sportback S3 TFSI Quattro 5dr.jpg

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
If anyone with a VAT registered limited company is interested I would consider transferring the remainder of the lease on my 2015 R-Line Touareg.... just not using it enough and have a Landcruiser sitting doing nothing here! Theres 8 months of a lease left - PM for details if interested.

Last edited:

Sharkey

RMS Regular
Guys, any help appreciated.

Looking a small petrol/diesel hatchback before christmas.

8-10k Miles, £100-£150ppm with 0 deposit.

To drive and hand back in 2/3/4 years.

Best I've seen so far is the Citygo @ £130ppm 10k and 0% deposit for 3 years. Any dealers want to PM me offers, feel free :grinning:

Took a read through the last few recent pages, but nothin that suits. Anyone help?