Lease deals thread

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
As said before, its better to take the 5k a year deal and pay the excess 7p a mile at the end on certain deals.
18 months isn't that long though

Last edited:

Sonny

RMS Photographer
E-mail from Vehicle-Savers

Peugeot 208 Hatchback
1.6 THP GTi Prestige 3dr
from £138.45 (exc VAT)
£1246.05 Initial Rental | 23 Months @ £138.45 | 5,000 miles per annum
£150.85 Per month for 10000 Miles (23 Months) or £190.85 Per month for 20000 Miles (23 Months)
Contract Hire | Admin Fee: £300 | Co2: 125 g

Volkswagen Golf Hatchback
2.0 TSI GTI 5dr [Nav]
from £172.74 (exc VAT)
£1554.66 Initial Rental | 23 Months @ £172.74 | 5,000 miles per annum
£198.82 Per month for 10000 Miles (23 Months) or £248.82 Per month for 20000 Miles (23 Months)
Contract Hire | Admin Fee: £300 | Co2: 139 g

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
Mrs B is interviewing for a job that is offering a £3000 car allowance a year instead of a company car and i've got her thinking about a lease deal

Only problem is she is looking an A3 saloon or BMW 1 or 2 series diesel!

Mileage could be anything between 500 to 800 per week.

I've had a look but they seem to be around the £350 / month mark

Would she have to change her model of car to get a deal for £250/month?

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Quick question for us leasing.

Say somebody runs into you, your car needs a repair, the person at faults insurance pays out but now the car is CAT C/D which will affect its re sale value.
Do the leasing company (VWFS) in my case just take the hit or are we in some way liable? Does your gap insurance pay out or something....just something my wife asked me today and I assumed it wouldn't be our concern but I could be wrong? Anyone know @Coog @pablo etc

pablo

RMS Moderator
thats what gap is for no? if its written off then its goes back to the lease company, gap pays any difference and you have no car and no payments.

if your gap covers it then youd get reimbursed for the loss of deposit etc.

thats my understanding anyway

seanmooney

RMS Regular
Is there any deals on the new a3 saloons or A calss merc in diesel?

The wife is looking to change the golf and im getting a van and getting rid of the a4 but she thinks its a bit too big to be driving about in.

So the a3 saloon has caught her eye recently or an A class merc.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Just been sent this:
cbl.jpg

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
Had the inspection done on my R'ental yesterday. I was surprised at the lack of time he spent looking over the car. It was 5 minutes max. A few pics taken and away he goes. Thankfully no bills.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Had the inspection done on my R'ental yesterday. I was surprised at the lack of time he spent looking over the car. It was 5 minutes max. A few pics taken and away he goes. Thankfully no bills.

Someone on pistonheads was saying VWFS was at their motor for a few hours!

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
@Chris Mac - yeah collection tomorrow
@Coog - Wow, think this guy was running late. BCA logistics -VWFS told me it would be 30 mins..not a chance. My cuppa was still warm and I'd missed one tune on the playlist.

gaz_5103

RMS Regular
Drives
SC Range Rover S
Must of been same guy done mine! I had spent money getting a skirt re. sprayed for him coming. He spent literally 3 minutes looking it over. Didn't even check the mileage, I was about 3k over the mileage allowance and no bill for it

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
The inspection he does is only a primary I thought, it gets the full once over once it's returned to them and an invoice is sent after that.