Lease deals thread

chris_b

RMS Regular
OP
chris_b
Drives
A car
Its the lead times that annoy me + the milage I guess. I do quite a bit more than listed

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Got a quote for a red Golf R last night £184+vat a month, £2200+ vat deposit and £200 admin fee, 8k miles a year. Once you add VAT at 20% it bumps it up a bit. So really its around £2650 deposit and £220 a month :-(

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
I know for the car its a good deal. But just thinking if i saved up the £220 a month for 2 years, plus the£ 2500 deposit and added what i would get for selling my own car i could get a small short term loan for a few grand and buy one outright when all the lease deals start flooding into the traders. Its just the 2 years waitng for it lol.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
For all the fantastic deals out there I haven't noticed THAT many of them yet. Possibly as they are pretty damn anonymous looking considering how potent they are however

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Was discussing this with the wife last night but I found a solution.

We get two!

We drive one from January to June, then the other one from July to December. Foolproof I think you'll agree.

Lol like that...

For all the fantastic deals out there I haven't noticed THAT many of them yet. Possibly as they are pretty damn anonymous looking considering how potent they are however

I have seen a few around but not as many as I thought I would, I like the anonymity of them, it's just a golf..

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
is there other colours available at the £220 a month deal or just the red?

chris_b

RMS Regular
OP
chris_b
Drives
A car
Was discussing this with the wife last night but I found a solution.

We get two!

We drive one from January to June, then the other one from July to December. Foolproof I think you'll agree.

SWEET :cool:

I ordered a Golf R in October, should have it at the end of March/April...the wait time is doing my head in..

Thats my problem. As well as the milage as there is no way with the best will in the world I could even limit it to 10K PA. When I decide on something I want it right now in true spoilt child fashion :sob:

Last edited:

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Seen a blue one in Toys R Us Sprucefield, woman driver with a kid in the back. Perfect family car :cool:

avo5021

RMS Regular
Very tempted by the Golf R deals but there's. No way I could stay below 12k miles pa so it makes the price jump somewhat.

Been on the look out for decent Skoda Octavian VRs Estate deals too. . .

@therock who was yours through ?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
What's the excess mileage fine?

Usually they're like 5p or so?

If so then even if you went over by 10k it'll only be £500 extra a year (if they even charge you for it)

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Red is the no cost colour, you have to pay extra for everything else

A red 3dr passed me in Lisburn last week, for a base colour it actually looks good. In saying that, the grey would be my personal choice.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
Seen a blue one in Toys R Us Sprucefield, woman driver with a kid in the back. Perfect family car :cool:

Correct. My baby is due next week, the other baby..golf R in March. Didn't fancy puke on my s3 White seats, better on a lease car that I hand back. I ordered it from VW Boucher in October

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
Drives
Hundeye
me lease deals are always based on 30K per annum. Costs me an additional £80 a month there for my latest order. 10K deal was £287

avo5021

RMS Regular
What's the excess mileage fine?

Usually they're like 5p or so?

If so then even if you went over by 10k it'll only be £500 extra a year (if they even charge you for it)

One I looked at yesterday was 5p for first 2000 miles over them 11p per mile for anything over that.