Active Deal Lidl DIY /Tool Deals

RoniN

RMS Regular
Turning into a bit of a melt tbh. Pretty sure this is why I gave up last time I looked lol.

@RoniN Is free air CFM the same as CFM at a set pressure?

That SIP is rated 5.4 'free air' CFM and 8CFM piston displacement. The parkside one calls a litres per min measurement out at 7bar, which to me seems different again. 3.2 seems mega crap for the parkside when its rated almost identical to that SIP at 1800w / 2.5hp.

Free air delivery cfm is the volume of air that the motor will draw in from the outside atmosphere and use to charge the tank.

cfm piston displacement is the measure of how well the motor will charge the tank (in theory if the tank is fully charged and the piston displacement is 8cfm and you're using a tool that uses 8cfm, the motor has the capacity to keep the tank fully charged giving you an infinite supply)

cfm and bar (psi) are two different measurements, cfm is volume of air whereas bar (psi) is the measure of the pressure that volume of air can be delivered at.

Cheers

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Free air delivery cfm is the volume of air that the motor will draw in from the outside atmosphere and use to charge the tank.

cfm piston displacement is the measure of how well the motor will charge the tank (in theory if the tank is fully charged and the piston displacement is 8cfm and you're using a tool that uses 8cfm, the motor has the capacity to keep the tank fully charged giving you an infinite supply)

cfm and bar (psi) are two different measurements, cfm is volume of air whereas bar (psi) is the measure of the pressure that volume of air can be delivered at.

Cheers

OK ta. So the parkside yoke has 9.1CFM free air and 3.4 CFM at 100 psi. Presumably the latter rating is what the tool manufacturers state their impact guns need.

RoniN

RMS Regular
The free air cfm is only relevant when air supply to the compressor could be limited.
It can also be used to measure how efficient the compressor motor is (high free air cfm but low output cfm = inefficient motor)

Yeah the output cfm is what manufacturers state tools need.

Cheers

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
52BE8432-DD2C-4E0F-B304-ACC9AA55236D.jpeg

Lidl Lisburn nearly had more DIY stuff than food! I’ve never seen as big a range.

Walder

RMS Regular
Loads of LED Lensers in carrick yesterday
Anyone been in recently? I'm driving past today

No head torches in either Lisburn store. Sent mum down to Holywood Exchange to check and struck gold!

I did get a couple of the torches and also a work light though. I was after a tripod rechargeable light for washing the cars at night, and spotted this. Doesn’t exactly fit my criteria but I’ll do some research and return if necessary!

View attachment 311929

Have you used the work light yet? Been toying with the idea myself for the same very reason

thomas_lad

RMS Regular

Have you used the work light yet? Been toying with the idea myself for the same very reason
Yeh was in last night and they didnt have any left. They just have a load of the multi tool pliers in the spot for the Lensers.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D

No I’m going to take it back. I really want 1 on a stand/tripod to get it up off the ground, and ideally rechargeable too, so going to have to investigate.

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
At what point do you stop being a customer and become an investor?! Must have shares in Parkside by this stage 😂

Was toying with the idea of the 50L compressor but convinced myself my wee 25L is plenty for all I need. Might go back and get one of the vacuum accessory kits though, wasn’t paying attention! Lol

84E698BF-9E5A-4396-91FD-F7863F371933.jpeg

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Got 2 plasma cutters and spare tips myself. One for me and one for work fella.

might light it up this evening lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Get that fired up to see what its like.
Full review required!

It’s for my father in law. My uncle was showing me his and it was fantastic (hence me ordering this). So much easier for cutting than using a Stihl saw, and neater too,
Got 2 plasma cutters and spare tips myself. One for me and one for work fella.

might light it up this evening lol

Flip, didn’t know spare tips were needed. And Lidl have them too??

Jecks

RMS Regular
I got the 50l compressor last year. Going great and comes In Surprisingly handy after me thinking what the hell am I buying this for.

thinking of the welder now but again I have absolutely no need for it.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Has anyone used this 50l compressor extensively yet, I’d really like one if it was up to the job of running a nailer and some spraying etc.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
I was in Banbridge yesterday and all the 50litre upright compressors were gone.

I lifted the last of the small 25 litre compressors but not sure whether to try and swap it at another store for the bigger one.

The more I think about it the smaller might be perfectly adequate for most tasks. Kind of confused now what to do.

I might want to spray a few things in the future but not looking to repeatedly paint cars for example.

Is the big one overkill?