A good few tools available from tomorrow

IMG_20210217_094259.jpg

A good few tool available from tomorrow
IMG_20210217_094450.jpg

Chris0

RMS Regular
OP
Chris0
Anyone any experience with the 50L upright compressor? Tempted by one for the incoming garage

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
I bought a Parkside sand blaster kit years ago and it was absolute p1sh lol

They may have improved since then or maybe I had a dodgy one but it did nothing. Just threw sand all over the place :joy:

I have the same one.
Its more a spot blaster than a sand blaster. IE you press the nozzle up to the whatever it is you want blasted rather than aiming at a panel. Hence the wee bag attachment, its designed to catch the excess and be reused.
I've never used it except to test it. Not worth a fckk tbh

@pablo dont be buying it expecting to sandblast an entire car lol

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Is the welding helmet any use?
Also looking to get the parkside wet vac and retractable air reel.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Here's the specs of that 50L vertical compressor. Any use for using air tools and a sprayer for a spot of cavity wax, or am I wasting my time with it?

Tools seem rated at CFM but that doesn't tally with below. Honestly haven't a clue what I'm looking at tbh.

• Adjustable up to max. 10 bar
  • Suction capacity: approx. 260L/min
  • 10m compressed air hose included
  • Space-saving and portable thanks to its vertical design, handle and smooth-running wheels
  • Oil-free for environmentally friendly, low-maintenance work without oil residues
  • 2 manometers with bar and PSI measurement
  • Power consumption: 1800W
  • Working pressure: max. 10 bar
  • Tank volume: 50L
  • Max. 10 bar
  • Space-saving vertical design
  • 1800W motor with reduced noise and vibration
  • 50 litre tank with condensation drain valve
  • Effective delivery rate at 7 bar: approx. 96L/min
  • 3m power cable
  • Oil-free: Environmentally friendly and low-maintenance

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Aye CFM (more specifically Free Air Delivery) is the spec you actually want from the compressor. Everything else is more or less irrelevant.
A 50litre 2.5hp compressor will be fine for most things.
I have a SIP 2.5hp 50litre and it will run an impact wrench no problem. Have sprayed panels of cars, undersealed with it no problems. Even sprayed my house with it! Was sore on it though.
You just have to upgrade to bigger fittings and bigger hose as the standard stuff will be restrictive.

For any large air consuming tools, die grinder, drill etc the compressor would be flat out refilling itself all the time. For that it would work but itd be annoying.

RoniN

RMS Regular
1 cfm = 0.5 litre per sec air flow roughly speaking

That compressor is 96L/min (96 divided by 60 sec = 1.6 litre per sec)

1.6 / 0.5 = 3.2 cfm

ie crap for any large air tools. Impact gun could run at 9 cfm (using 18 litres air flow per sec) that compressor is running at 1.6

Cheers

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Here's the specs of that 50L vertical compressor. Any use for using air tools and a sprayer for a spot of cavity wax, or am I wasting my time with it?

Tools seem rated at CFM but that doesn't tally with below. Honestly haven't a clue what I'm looking at tbh.

• Adjustable up to max. 10 bar
  • Suction capacity: approx. 260L/min
  • 10m compressed air hose included
  • Space-saving and portable thanks to its vertical design, handle and smooth-running wheels
  • Oil-free for environmentally friendly, low-maintenance work without oil residues
  • 2 manometers with bar and PSI measurement
  • Power consumption: 1800W
  • Working pressure: max. 10 bar
  • Tank volume: 50L
  • Max. 10 bar
  • Space-saving vertical design
  • 1800W motor with reduced noise and vibration
  • 50 litre tank with condensation drain valve
  • Effective delivery rate at 7 bar: approx. 96L/min
  • 3m power cable
  • Oil-free: Environmentally friendly and low-maintenance

I didn't pay much more for a sip vertical compressor, great for small jobs around the garage and running some tools. I definitely miss my 250l 3hp compressor though, but I needed the space.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I didn't pay much more for a sip vertical compressor, great for small jobs around the garage and running some tools. I definitely miss my 250l 3hp compressor though, but I needed the space.

Turning into a bit of a melt tbh. Pretty sure this is why I gave up last time I looked lol.

@RoniN Is free air CFM the same as CFM at a set pressure?

That SIP is rated 5.4 'free air' CFM and 8CFM piston displacement. The parkside one calls a litres per min measurement out at 7bar, which to me seems different again. 3.2 seems mega crap for the parkside when its rated almost identical to that SIP at 1800w / 2.5hp.