Active Deal Lidl DIY /Tool Deals

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Anyone availed of the warranty? The 20v battery on my father in laws impact driver has packed in- it’s throwing up both lights on the charger at the same time.

Is the receipt needed!?

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Anyone availed of the warranty? The 20v battery on my father in laws impact driver has packed in- it’s throwing up both lights on the charger at the same time.

Is the receipt needed!?
You have to email customer services I think.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Had no luck with one of mine without the receipt because the build date on the bottom of it was out of the warranty period even though I was sure I'd bought it more recently than that. Had another replaced OK at store which was only a few months old but that had receipt.

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
@Lyons might be lucky timing wise - impact guns are back in soon. Was looking at the offers the other day, it was either tomorrow or next week for motoring.
iiic people were looking axle stands last time

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
@Lyons might be lucky timing wise - impact guns are back in soon. Was looking at the offers the other day, it was either tomorrow or next week for motoring.
iiic people were looking axle stands last time

I’ve emailed customer services. I doubt I could just rock into a store with the current 1 and no receipt and expect a replacement! Possibly depends who’s on the till I suppose!

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
:joy: that would be a very nice outcome lol, more thinking if you got an answer quick enough it might just be a pop in and swap job 👍

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
I’ve emailed customer services. I doubt I could just rock into a store with the current 1 and no receipt and expect a replacement! Possibly depends who’s on the till I suppose!

Yeah but then you'd have to queue up at the 1 till that's opened, for over half an hour only to be told no lol

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
Or could buy one tomorrow and use that receipt for the broken one in a few weeks 🤐
Need to make sure the broken one is not overly used looking to match the time of ownership on the receipt or they’ll claim commercial use which I’m sure they won’t warranty for.

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
I’m sorely tempted by one of their 18inch chainsaw tomorrow.
Please talk me out of it! And I’ll continue to put pennies in the jar to get something meatier from Wilson’s.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Contacted CS via Facebook Messenger and they have now emailed me just asking for the serial number and receipt. And if I can’t find the receipt they will just use the last day the product was shipped to stores, which was within the last year I’m pretty sure!

Fingers crossed it continues to go to plan.

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
Contacted CS via Facebook Messenger and they have now emailed me just asking for the serial number and receipt. And if I can’t find the receipt they will just use the last day the product was shipped to stores, which was within the last year I’m pretty sure!

Fingers crossed it continues to go to plan.
How did you pay?
Card - debit or credit? They can usually trace transactions with card number and give you date/time/ store purchased in

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Card. Would be hard to determine what was an impact driver and what was flour, large chicken and Cien handwash though.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Are those extendable washer lances still around?
I got a new washer Nilfisk E145, and thinking it might fit.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Please talk me out of it! And I’ll continue to put pennies in the jar to get something meatier from Wilson’s.
We collected one from the uncles garaged after he passed away, and was never even started.

they are definitely just a hobby saw but it’s an Oregon saw with a green plastic body.

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
Anyone used the torque wrench before and know if they’re any good? Going to take a scoot down tomorrow and grab one of the lights and maybe axle stands but fancy the torque wrench if it’s decent.

MarkM

RMS Regular

It has a 3 year warranty (keep the receipt lol) and about a 40% more powerful engine than my little Husky which starts to struggle with trees/posts over 4”, I’d give it a go! Husky is very easily started though, don’t know whose engines parkside they use

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Anyone notice if they’re doing any torx keys with the car stuff today. I need a new set and haven’t seen any recently.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Anyone used the torque wrench before and know if they’re any good? Going to take a scoot down tomorrow and grab one of the lights and maybe axle stands but fancy the torque wrench if it’s decent.

I have one, its dead on for what i need. Never used it for any massively heavy jobs, just the usual belt tensioners etc