Turbo'd Locost Kit Car - chasing 300bhp!

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6

Hi mate, I forgot to weigh the bare seat and now it's on sliding seat rails. However, with the rails fitted, it weighs 5.5kg. I think the rails weigh about 2-2.5kg per seat so they're definitely a very lightweight seat all in all.

Paul Hamill

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiger Avon busa
That's a pretty light seat alright.I got hold of a single skin shell seat at 1.5kg that I'm bolting directly in so that'll save a few kg.

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
That's a pretty light seat alright.I got hold of a single skin shell seat at 1.5kg that I'm bolting directly in so that'll save a few kg.

Haha 1.5kg! Class! Let me know if there is any flex in it will you? There is no back-forth flex in this but it twists somewhat when you're seated and move your shoulders around. It's probably pretty common but I did initially think a carbon seat would be completely solid.

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
So my Nardo grey wrap arrived - hopefully this turns out great!
calmDdK.jpg

The bonnet that I purchased was a flimsy piece of crap compared to my scuttle panel and nose cone. I therefore thought I'd try strengthening it before buying a better one. I secured it to the nose cone and scuttle, turned it upside down and layered 1kg of fibreglass resin and matting then left it overnight. It's definitely stronger but will give it another layer to make sure it's properly tough before preparing, primwrint and finally, wrapping.

gIX4efk.jpg

FPlIAkR.jpg

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
I test fitted the bonnet after a bit of fiddling with it and couldn't help but throw it all on and roll it out into the sun.

ACINKtI.jpg

pdmLeWX.jpg

hc266A4.jpg

Don't mind the rear arches or the wheels! The arches are from a GBS Zero so very wide but with proper offset wheels, they'll be nicely filled

pablo

RMS Moderator
To me the wheels in the rear arches always flagged a cheaper kit to the likes of a Westfield etc. Defo worth putting the effort in to getting them sitting just right

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
To me the wheels in the rear arches always flagged a cheaper kit to the likes of a Westfield etc. Defo worth putting the effort in to getting them sitting just right

They're only G-clamped on - there was no real attention paid to their placement for the sake of the photo. They will be right when finally fitted

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
You are making some progress at this. Do you essentially have to do a full dry build then strip it back and powder the chassis?

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
You are making some progress at this. Do you essentially have to do a full dry build then strip it back and powder the chassis?

Yes mate. It just means that it will end up a much cleaner car with nothing looking like it was an afterthought (if it was powdered before most of the work was done)

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Not much room in that bay.

I was imagining how it would be a 500hp RB26 in one of these, but that would call for a body extension, Its also just too large, too heavy and unnecessary, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to try one.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Not much room in that bay.

I was imagining how it would be a 500hp RB26 in one of these, but that would call for a body extension, Its also just too large, too heavy and unnecessary, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to try one.

:cool: