Turbo'd Locost Kit Car - chasing 300bhp!

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
That's it blasted! Primed tomorrow

PJyjJVj.jpg
You must be retired to have all this car time! I can't even get time to drive mine

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Painting chassis/roll cage bars is a massive pain in the hoop!! So time consuming. Looks good though, drop of paint on that will look great!
I'm sick looking at sandpaper at the minute :worried:

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Painting chassis/roll cage bars is a massive pain in the hoop!! So time consuming. Looks good though, drop of paint on that will look great!
I'm sick looking at sandpaper at the minute :worried:

It genuinely took me all day man! I'd planned to do both today but oh well, better to take my time and do it right. I'll have a nicer update tomorrow anyway

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Love how it gets better looking now with each little addition.

s5Ou55o.jpg

Qn2zJz5.jpg

Engine cleaned, painted and dropped in tomorrow with all wishbones on. Might even get the rear axle in too if I can get the rose jointed rear arms done in time.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
What did you paint the frame with? Tough black?

I only ask as I done my bike frame with it recently and it's very easily chipped.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Love that seat!!

Are you making your own rose jointed trailing arms? Considered this myself but don't think it's worth changing.

Last edited:

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Love that seat!!

Are you making your own rose jointed trailing arms? Considered this myself but don't think it's worth changing.

Yeah man, I am indeed. They're actually quite handy to do. Not expensive either and the extra adjustibility will be nice.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Fantastic ... looks like a great result and again hats off for doing all this yourself.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Looks superb, this is the fun part now. I like where this is going already!

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
I received some inspiration yesterday in the form of this stunning Caterham 620s. Thanks to @mike150 for bringing it over and for taking me out for a spin. My first run ever in a 7 style car - what a way to make everything mine can possibly be seem totally inadequate lol!

4jDiIUN.jpg

6tY1Omw.jpg

QJ4GFy7.jpg

fgvhwPV.jpg