Lotus Elise 240 Final Edition

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Awesome 😁 The museum is fantastic, and everything there drives. And gets driven.

Did you get to the workshops below where they work on the historic race cars, etc.?

Chris tii

RMS Regular
OP
Chris tii
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I just had the car serviced at Lotus Charles Hurst. It’s the cars 3rd service and included brake fluid and spark plugs. Overall I’m really happy with the service. Lotus servicing has to go through the Aston Martin and Bentley service centre. Thankfully not with their pricing! I think the team were generally pleased to have an Elise booked in with them.
They spotted a leaking supercharger oil cap which I didn’t know about. One thing I wanted them to take a look at was that the car has a weird hesitation when it’s cold. Basically when you give it a rev when it’s first started it will not catch, and hesitate/miss fire. After a couple of minutes it’s fine. They had a look and couldn’t see why it did it. They lodged the possible fault with Lotus and have yet to hear back.
I posted about it on the Lotus Elise S3 Facebook group and every comment was that they all do that, and it’s totally normal. Either way, I would like to get that in writing from Lotus. Especially while it’s still under warranty.

When you buy a Lotus approved used car you get a Certificate of Provenance with it. Mine arrived today and comes with some badges, a pen, book mark, aluminium plaque, keyring and a carbon fibre bookmark. Turns out only 59 Final Edition 240s were built and only 9 in yellow!

IMG_0085.jpeg
IMG_0086.jpeg
IMG_0087.jpeg
IMG_0089.jpeg
IMG_0091.jpeg

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
That’s a nice piece of history to have with the car. I’m glad I got to own one, they are a special car and I’ve not driven anything else that handled the same or had that level of grip and turn in, mine proved just a bit too impractical for me unfortunately, mainly due to only having the 2 seats.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I just had the car serviced at Lotus Charles Hurst. It’s the cars 3rd service and included brake fluid and spark plugs. Overall I’m really happy with the service. Lotus servicing has to go through the Aston Martin and Bentley service centre. Thankfully not with their pricing! I think the team were generally pleased to have an Elise booked in with them.
They spotted a leaking supercharger oil cap which I didn’t know about. One thing I wanted them to take a look at was that the car has a weird hesitation when it’s cold. Basically when you give it a rev when it’s first started it will not catch, and hesitate/miss fire. After a couple of minutes it’s fine. They had a look and couldn’t see why it did it. They lodged the possible fault with Lotus and have yet to hear back.
I posted about it on the Lotus Elise S3 Facebook group and every comment was that they all do that, and it’s totally normal. Either way, I would like to get that in writing from Lotus. Especially while it’s still under warranty.

When you buy a Lotus approved used car you get a Certificate of Provenance with it. Mine arrived today and comes with some badges, a pen, book mark, aluminium plaque, keyring and a carbon fibre bookmark. Turns out only 59 Final Edition 240s were built and only 9 in yellow!

View attachment 429348View attachment 429349View attachment 429351View attachment 429352View attachment 429353
I've always serviced mine myself since Ballyrobert lost lotus. Based on your experience I might try Hursts

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
They're pretty straight forward for servicing, nothing unusual. Tried and tested engines, etc. And all suspension bits just bolt on and off. I get collecting dealer stamps while it's still in warranty obviously. But beyond that there is nothing magic about them.