M3 Touring

Nigelo

RMS Regular
They really need to start thinking about putting wider rear doors on these M3s. The rear arch meeting the rear door is horrendous.

Thats what I think too, but you should see how the M3 owners cream themselves on some of the groups over what they call the 'aggressiveness' of that sudden slope.

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
They really need to start thinking about putting wider rear doors on these M3s. The rear arch meeting the rear door is horrendous.
Agreed, but also no point them spending money when they don't need to.

Folk will still queue up to buy them no matter what. Human psychology is fascinating.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
I was looking at it this morning, asides from the grill (which - admittedly - is starting to grow on me) I think it looks good. There's not really anything unexpected is there? It's basically the touring body .... which we've already seen with the likes of the 340i, etc - with the additional M3 width and bumpers and so on.

View attachment 366037

View attachment 366038

View attachment 366039

View attachment 366040

View attachment 366041

View attachment 366042

View attachment 366043
Still can't get past the beaver look of the front grille. Then there's the interior. Anyone for a Deadpool themed interior?

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Why do manufacturer scrimp on the rear callipers on cars like this? Would it really hurt them to fit a fixed 2 or 4 pot calliper on the rear to match the front?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I'm sure they'll fit one for you if you pay them for it.

Vast majority of road cars do nearly all the breaking up front, bar possibly a few trackday specials. Partly for safety, partly because most the weight is up front under braking.

EV even more so with regen doing most of the rear braking. They're almost all just using drum brakes at the back, glorified parking brake basically.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Tow strap, canards and sunstrip off and a change of wheel colour and Iā€™d happily own that

E184EB2F-EC8B-4470-9E12-2F32CACD977D.jpeg

G24NTR

RMS Regular
An E92 estate would have been mega

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Looks like part of the rear diffuser is missing; Iā€™m 99% on board and I think maybe itā€™s the camera angle, but it makes the quad exhausts look overly long and exposed. Then again, look at the ā€œcow udderā€ on my M2ā€¦

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
The only way I could live with that front end would be with an autoid front bumper but there's no way in hell I could justify spending 3700 on a front bumper to make a car that cost that amount look half acceptable

Screenshot_20230107_230003_Gallery.jpg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
BMW M should have been making these all along.

In no way a fan of this current model but some of previous cars would have made great estates.

Audi and Mercedes have shown there is a strong market for fast estates.

davyk31

RMS Regular
The only way I could live with that front end would be with an autoid front bumper but there's no way in hell I could justify spending 3700 on a front bumper to make a car that cost that amount look half acceptable

View attachment 384838

The standard front looks better to me so it would be a mega waste of cash to buy that after market option.