Main Dealer Car Prep... Best Avoided???

Scottty87

RMS Member
OP
Scottty87
Drives
Toyota Celica
However far your £300 stretches with @big_pete will be night and day to the dealers offerings anyway. And thats coming from a dealer! Main dealers don't apply the products properly never mind asking over the odds for it in the first place.
Picked the car up on Saturday, and it's off to Pete on Thursday evening for a correction and ceramic coating. I will say Agnews were generally great to deal with throughout. Sales guys called Dwayne was a top bloke!

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Picked the car up on Saturday, and it's off to Pete on Thursday evening for a correction and ceramic coating. I will say Agnews were generally great to deal with throughout. Sales guys called Dwayne was a top bloke!

Mum and dad bought their E-Class from Dwayne a few years ago and said the same thing.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Sales guys called Dwayne was a top bloke!

Mum and dad bought their E-Class from Dwayne a few years ago and said the same thing.

MB Used Belfast? If so I bought my E Class coupe of him, very decent fella. Had my one in for a services there on Friday and took a dander over to the used car bit as I was waiting and Dwayne remembered me straight away. Found him to be 100% when dealing with him and will be back to him when the time comes to change again.

Last edited:

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
Avoid avoid avoid. They often don’t want you to pay the £ for the prep in cash either, because they’ll lose out on commission from the finance.

Jonny-FN2.GT

RMS Regular
Drives
Fn2
If you seen how the cleaners cleaned the cars you wouldn't let them do the courtesy wash done during servicing and repairs. As for the car prep, they dont have the time to let the chemicals cure and it isn't done right. Personally someone like PGM to get it done right. He is doing the high end cars for the likes of agnews before customers get them.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
My Dad got his Supagaurded by Prentices in 2000, car wasn't polished for the first 10 years. No word of a lie :joy:

Wouldn't let a main dealer change my air freshener personally.

Scottty87

RMS Member
OP
Scottty87
Drives
Toyota Celica
If you seen how the cleaners cleaned the cars you wouldn't let them do the courtesy wash done during servicing and repairs. As for the car prep, they dont have the time to let the chemicals cure and it isn't done right. Personally someone like PGM to get it done right. He is doing the high end cars for the likes of agnews before customers get them.
I got sorted with Pete this week. We just got the car back from his place yesterday after getting the paint correction and ceramic protection, and I'm glad I did. The lads did an outstanding job. And it just goes to show how badly Agnews 'clean' their motors.. I spent about 4 or 5 hours on the interior today and it turned out really nice in the end. I'm not sure Agnews actually own a hoover! Anyway the wee Merc's clean for now, doubt the wife will keep it that way for long! 🙄

Attachments

• IMG_20200126_170949.jpg
    IMG_20200126_170949.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20200126_171038.jpg
    IMG_20200126_171038.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20200126_171211.jpg
    IMG_20200126_171211.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20200126_171120.jpg
    IMG_20200126_171120.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 116

Jonny-FN2.GT

RMS Regular
Drives
Fn2
Car looks really well. The dealerships are using AutoClean. The cleaners are therefore self employed, so the more money they spend on cleaning products the less money they earn. It's a vicious circle.

Scottty87

RMS Member
OP
Scottty87
Drives
Toyota Celica
C
Car looks really well. The dealerships are using AutoClean. The cleaners are therefore self employed, so the more money they spend on cleaning products the less money they earn. It's a vicious circle.
Cheers mate 👍