Mechanics Currently

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I still have my SERC card from a management course years ago with no date on it - wonder if it would work!

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
SubaruLegacy
Just got a message saying the SERC course has been pushed back a week, now starting Week Commencing 25/9 (So will be on the 26th)

chanlon1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M135i/Z4
IMG_9973.jpeg

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
school starts tomorrow 😳
Hope everyone has their hair cut, shirts ironed and new pencil case at the ready.
See you all there.
I’ll be the one that won’t know what to do with most of the tools……….

I’ll hopefully find out tomorrow if I’m in or out. Some crossed wires on confirming the place, was told this morning it’s a no then told this afternoon it should be ok - but admissions weren’t so sure when I followed up again. They’ve passed details across to the tutor.

Fingers crossed but do feel free to encourage others to swap onto a leisure and tourism course.

1695678166208.gif

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
school starts tomorrow 😳
Hope everyone has their hair cut, shirts ironed and new pencil case at the ready.
See you all there.
I’ll be the one that won’t know what to do with most of the tools……….
Looking forward to it, even grabbed an apple for teacher there! See you all there

Reactions: Dan

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
lol ^^^ there was plenty of that in the years I was going.

Air sucked through the teeth as the latest 'appreciating classic' was stuck on the lift to reveal an absolute horror show underneath to the wider audience.

Great craic - enjoy!

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
SubaruLegacy
Can you bring the fire extinguisher in the background with you......never know what we may get up to......
At least we now know one face to either gravitate towards or slowly shuffle away from :grinning:

Knowing my work it's probably full of cartoon springs rather than co2 or whatever is meant to be inside it. The latter I'll leave up to you guys :joy:

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
I'm just busy writing a list of jobs I need those ramps for, going to order up some gearbox/diff oil for the Z4 and I'll attack the wheel alignment too. Good evening though, great to meet you all, looking forward to hrowing someone elses tools across the workshop when a simple job goes pear-shaped

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
SubaruLegacy
How were the headlights on the way home?

Good, certainly much lower than they were before but it looked right to me. Actually had the full beams on over a part of the carriageway, they were so high before I've never needed them before!

chanlon1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M135i/Z4
Agree with the others, however it wasn’t quite what I was expecting. I thought that there would be a bit more structure to it.
However, we have lots of knowledge and willing hands, plus a multiple ramp garage and all the tools at our disposal till June next year.

Reactions: Dan

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
There should be structure if you engage in it. Or certainly there was when I was there. We did the structured part for a year then did our own thing after that.

Dan

RMS Regular
The tutor did say the course was poorly named. It’s more of a hobby class to work in your own projects. He did ask however what we wanted to learn throughout and to let him know and he will arrange. Nearly all mechanical mind.