missfiring trouble?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
Well fellas thought i post this up as yous have been more than helpful before (y)

basically took a glanza as px and it had a blitz ecu in it. i took the ecu out and sold it obviously to gain a bit more money from the car before sale.

ever since i sold it and plugged a new one in a standard one its been missfiring as you go higher up the revs.

now i wired a fcd and no change. i also had a doner glanza come up and i took its ecu, dizzy cap, leads and icv off and put it on my car and still no change.

anybody any ideas? would the timing be advanced at all and would it cause this? its only on boost

thanks nicky

garysubaru

RMS Regular
off topic mate but phil was telling me last night when i was getting the disklock off him that he was px you with his glanza against urs mate...

off topic do you still have the vtr forsale mate as cousin is intrested

Jack-Civic

RMS Regular
Drives
Eg K20 Project!
Id have to agree lol. You seem to have a problem with every car you get :p haha

brendy

RMS Regular
What sort of plugs gave you in, iirc if they are too hot/cold rated you could have issues.
Crap fuel
Faulty air metering
Could be one of a dozen faults causing it though.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky Glanza
Drives
BMX
very funny jack and ricky! i keep buying cars that need tlc :p but sure! no joke im fairly handy with the motors and even im stumped at this one! the only thing i can think of is timing issues! and gary yes me and phil are dealing whether the problem is fixed or not as hes not too worried! im looking a mint glanza shell and phil has one so ile brake his arm for it lol

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky Glanza
Drives
BMX
What sort of plugs gave you in, iirc if they are too hot/cold rated you could have issues.
Crap fuel
Faulty air metering
Could be one of a dozen faults causing it though.

im gonna fire a set of new ngk ones into it same as i run every glanza on tomorow brendy and iliminate that problem! the idling is a bit funny to so could have something to do with fueling! as you say theres dozens of things that could be wrong just wanted to know if anyone has experienced it before. but as usually i buy the cars that no one knows whats wrong with them! there cheap for a reason :p

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
very funny jack and ricky! i keep buying cars that need tlc :p but sure! no joke im fairly handy with the motors and even im stumped at this one! the only thing i can think of is timing issues! and gary yes me and phil are dealing whether the problem is fixed or not as hes not too worried! im looking a mint glanza shell and phil has one so ile brake his arm for it lol
bring me some beer down and i will tell u the problem :grinning:

Jack-Civic

RMS Regular
Drives
Eg K20 Project!
Glanzas can be nightmares, too much things to go wrong plus mine was a thirsty ****. Hondas ftw :grinning:

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky Glanza
Drives
BMX
bring me some beer down and i will tell u the problem :grinning:

sounds like a plan (y)

and jack dont even speak to me bout hondas! after the ep3 i had ile never buy another one! no one ever told me that honda gearbags are like chocolate and how dear they are to fix :worried:
but glanzas your right! theres alot to go wrong but they never go wrong! this is the first one ive had that has given me bother and its my 4th and getting a 5th one tomorow. the new one is basically being bought as a shell as ive always wanted the light blue coloured one after my first glanza. im gonna strip it down to a bare shell and rebuild it from scratch :laughing:

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky Glanza
Drives
BMX
Its only a box and honda boxes get some abuse! lol! I hope your turbo blows! :p

my turbo goes its 80-100 quid to fix or 67 quid exactly for a rebuild kit :cool:

were as on the other hand i hope you gearbox blows into several chunks of metal and then your clutch burns out and marks the flywheel :p and then for ****s and giggles you sump it and run the engine dry of oil and hit the b and q on the boucher road :party:

apart from that did you have a good christmas bud?

Jack-Civic

RMS Regular
Drives
Eg K20 Project!
Usual ****e haha you?

Ill have a rebuilt box anyway, its cool! :p All being well my thread should be updated tomorro with the engine mounted :grinning:

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky Glanza
Drives
BMX
ahh good good bud! must keep an eye out for a nosy! christmas went well bud same
**** different year! but another year of rms to wind a few people up!

starting with scoobyman :p

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
ahh good good bud! must keep an eye out for a nosy! christmas went well bud same
**** different year! but another year of rms to wind a few people up!

starting with scoobyman :p
if u open up ur ecu and take out the vinsker. should sort out ur problem

Jack-Civic

RMS Regular
Drives
Eg K20 Project!
If its standard it will be ct9. If its upgraded the common ones are ct9 hybrid or td04. So should be one of them :grinning:

brendy

RMS Regular
I was going to say, I have heard of the TD04 upgrades, I will be removing one in a bit from my WRX to be replaced with my IHI VF24. If you know anyone who wants one, give us a shout.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky Glanza
Drives
BMX
I was going to say, I have heard of the TD04 upgrades, I will be removing one in a bit from my WRX to be replaced with my IHI VF24. If you know anyone who wants one, give us a shout.

shes a standard glanza mate so ct9b
aye for a good tdo4 turbo starlet boys would pay upwards 80 quid for them! to be honest when i buy a turbo i find the cheapest one and then buy a rebuild kit! looking into rebuilding a ct9 atm so well see how it goes lol

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky Glanza
Drives
BMX
certainly more sensible than shouting "timing" which the driver has absolutely no say over.

Probably a very simple ignition system problem. Coil/leads/plugs/dizzy etc.

but it only happened as soon as the performance ecu was taken out and the oem one was fitted! i hope it is something simple as it would make my life alot easier lol

Nigelo

RMS Regular
How do the ecu's connect up? Any chance of a dodgy connection / bent pins etc?

mi16chris

RMS Regular
Drives
210hp clio 182
could be loads of thing but if u have fitted a fcd with out fitting a rrfpr and geting the fueling checked its prob way to lean and might even have cracked pistons , what boost is it running ? ur best bet is to removed the fcd and turn the boost down to about .8

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.