missfiring trouble?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky Glanza
Drives
BMX
ahh car is standard bar the fmic now mate. no boost turned up or anything. car is now been passed on to phil on the site lol

mi16chris

RMS Regular
Drives
210hp clio 182
if he needs any help free free to pm me ive been working/tuning these wee cars for years now

Johnbroski

RMS Regular
it starved its self of oil and is now in my garage with big ends gone. plus misfiring ...it prob taking the self tuning ecu outa it and stickin a standard one in without gettin fuelin set up maybe

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
it starved its self of oil and is now in my garage with big ends gone. ya dont take a self tuning ecu outa a starlet and stick a standard one in without going and gettin it set up. not even wise.
what does the ecu have to do with oil and big ends

Johnbroski

RMS Regular
no i am sayin oil starvation killed engine. but misfring was result off ecu bein removed for a standard one.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky Glanza
Drives
BMX
ile clear this up folks! gibbi is quite right in what he says the car wasnt misfiring! phil brought the car back to me only a week ago and it was fuel cutting! now i was right in my assumption that it was unecessarily boosting very high! after about 2 minutes of looking at it i realised it was the standard hi/low boost solenoid was infact blocked off i.e. no air going through either vacuum hoses which meant the turbo could go at its own will! after putting the pipes back to normal the car went like a dream! well until it ran out of oil lol but **** happens! the fuel set up however probably didnt help the wee engine at all but would make the big ends go that was the lack of oil lol! like a woman without lube that wee glanza probably squealed quite loudly when it ran dry :worried:
but its in capable hands and im sure mr gib will restore it to its former glory :p just keep her lubed up sir!

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky Glanza
Drives
BMX
can i just add that he took it to two reputable tuning companies who both said that it needed a whole load of work done i.e. rrfpr and fcd etc and setup on a rolling road! now im no genious and dont have a rolling road in my back garden but these boys are supposed to be wizards with car and were gonna charge phill 200 odds to set the car up and it needed two pipes that i took off a 1oohhh6 fuel line! nice one fellas :grinning:

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
No oil?.........jesus christ..........surely, SHIRLY nobody on this board should land themselves in that world? Any car enthusiast for that matter.

Even my ma knows how and how frequently to check the oil and shes on crack.

A real shame seeing as you got it nearly sorted.

A

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
can i just add that he took it to two reputable tuning companies who both said that it needed a whole load of work done i.e. rrfpr and fcd etc and setup on a rolling road! now im no genious and dont have a rolling road in my back garden but these boys are supposed to be wizards with car and were gonna charge phill 200 odds to set the car up and it needed two pipes that i took off a 1oohhh6 fuel line! nice one fellas :grinning:

I guess the route you took proved cheaper then ?

Regardless, clearly the car did need work done. It wouldnt have blown up with some very basic checks, nevermind any setting up.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky Glanza
Drives
BMX

Regardless, clearly the car did need work done. It wouldnt have blown up with some very basic checks, nevermind any setting up.

i can see were your coming from stevie and im not gonna argue as im sure youve forgotton more than i know lol but the car was only running about 150/160 bhp it litterally had a air filter, ported mani, hks exhaust and fmic, no boost etc has been touch still running standard boost etc. as for the car it didnt actually blow up just ran out of oil :worried: shame as it was a nice white glanza (y)

dufunk

RMS Regular
Lets not get into a toyota honda agruement lol, Seen plenty of missfiring honda's floating about in my time and have a m8 who's had to rebuild a few b series's due to this, Running about in a early 90s toyota with 140k on the clock and not a gearbox problem in its life and has taking as much abuse as any honda about then there lays a 6 year old Ep3 needing its 3rd gearbox! Turbo cars are more complicated yes but not if your no what your at and if it was me id take to some1 who did,

sacodetoro

RMS Regular
could be loads of thing but if u have fitted a fcd with out fitting a rrfpr and geting the fueling checked its prob way to lean and might even have cracked pistons , what boost is it running ? ur best bet is to removed the fcd and turn the boost down to about .8

if he needs any help free free to pm me ive been working/tuning these wee cars for years now

Chris would have charged 30quid to check fueling and detonation etc.

Quoted for the truth

i can see were your coming from stevie and im not gonna argue as im sure youve forgotton more than i know lol but the car was only running about 150/160 bhp it litterally had a air filter, ported mani, hks exhaust and fmic, no boost etc has been touch still running standard boost etc. as for the car it didnt actually blow up just ran out of oil :worried: shame as it was a nice white glanza (y)

I don't understand all the "glanza's are unreliable" crap in the thread.

Do you want to know what the problem is?

They are a quite quick car that are easy to tune but idiots who don't know what they are doing don't do it properly in the first place and then don't properly maintain the car, resulting in engines going bang.

Sounds like it was boosting to what ever it wanted.

Taking it to Chris would have been cheap and would have prevented this.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
He didnt need anyone to prevent it other than himself.

Checking the level of oil in your engine costs nothing. Takes no experience and anyone can do it.

hell....even a woman could do it !!! lol

Although, whilst you may fee a fool now. You really arent alone. The amount of people who pretend to be car enthusiasts and cant bother their arse to check such basic things, which then lead to expensive trouble, is mind boggling.

sacodetoro

RMS Regular
Lol, true.

Anyway, my mate is gonna be breaking his gt in the next couple of weeks if you're looking an engine.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky Glanza
Drives
BMX
Chris would have charged 30quid to check fueling and detonation etc.

Quoted for the truth

I don't understand all the "glanza's are unreliable" crap in the thread.

Do you want to know what the problem is?

They are a quite quick car that are easy to tune but idiots who don't know what they are doing don't do it properly in the first place and then don't properly maintain the car, resulting in engines going bang.

Sounds like it was boosting to what ever it wanted.

Taking it to Chris would have been cheap and would have prevented this.

think you need to read my posts mate (y) the car is STANDARD! if you can read bar a front mount intercooler that actually drops the boost slightly. the car was boosting the way it wanted due to a blocked pipe (y) this was due to some halfwit think they know about cars! i however fixed that and the car was sweet. the running out of oil thing was nothing to do with myself or gibbi as i sold it with oil in it :confounded: and gibbi bought it with no oil and a bottom end gone so fairplay to him! as for chris im aware of chris and the fact that he would be the most reputable person to deal with glanza's etc but however i would rather do it myself as i would get more satisfaction knowing that i "built" my car without help (y) the last glanza i set up myself not the white one it was the black one with the blue wheels, set the fuel pressure etc to i think 3.2 bar pressure etc until it was running sweet as a nut! wired up a knock sensor mint! 20000 miles later the car is still running sweet as a nut! its all about learning! how can you learn if you keep taking it to someone else to learn. blow and engine up and youve learnt not to do it that way :p

now this thread was cleared up along time ago and i cant understand why your commenting saying it went bang due to not being set up properly? were as any glanza/starlet nut like myself would say the car didnt really need setting up due to running STANDARD boost and simply having a fmic and a exhaust system! hardly a tdo4l setup :cool: which would require setup etc or a simple turn up of the boost to fuel cut a .85 or 1 bar.

and can i emphasise sacodetoro that the car "didnt blow up" it ran out of oil? ile keep repeating it until you get it if you wish?

ran out of oil
ran out of oil
ran out of oil
ran out of oil

and so on :innocent:

also as for glanzas not giving bother! you quite right there a good car ile always buy and sell them as im on my 6th now. however from what ive found there like any car get a good one your fine and get a bad one there a complete money pit due to a88holes which i could name quite a few some on here who believe because they see the engine code 4efte that they can rip the arse out of every part price? i mean for example i was quoted 110 quid for a glanza starter motor (y) what did i do?? i went to damien priors and bought a corrolla one for 20 quid and fitted it and no problem whatsoever!

however you will find this out if anything goes wrong for example your engine does pop and people were quoting me 600 quid odds for a new one the time i bought a shell and i managed to rebuild it for less than 400 :cool: and then you know what you have at the end of the day.

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
think you need to read my posts mate (y) the car is STANDARD! if you can read bar a front mount intercooler that actually drops the boost slightly. the car was boosting the way it wanted due to a blocked pipe (y) this was due to some halfwit think they know about cars! i however fixed that and the car was sweet. the running out of oil thing was nothing to do with myself or gibbi as i sold it with oil in it :confounded: and gibbi bought it with no oil and a bottom end gone so fairplay to him! as for chris im aware of chris and the fact that he would be the most reputable person to deal with glanza's etc but however i would rather do it myself as i would get more satisfaction knowing that i "built" my car without help (y) the last glanza i set up myself not the white one it was the black one with the blue wheels, set the fuel pressure etc to i think 3.2 bar pressure etc until it was running sweet as a nut! wired up a knock sensor mint! 20000 miles later the car is still running sweet as a nut! its all about learning! how can you learn if you keep taking it to someone else to learn. blow and engine up and youve learnt not to do it that way :p

now this thread was cleared up along time ago and i cant understand why your commenting saying it went bang due to not being set up properly? were as any glanza/starlet nut like myself would say the car didnt really need setting up due to running STANDARD boost and simply having a fmic and a exhaust system! hardly a tdo4l setup :cool: which would require setup etc or a simple turn up of the boost to fuel cut a .85 or 1 bar.

and can i emphasise sacodetoro that the car "didnt blow up" it ran out of oil? ile keep repeating it until you get it if you wish?

ran out of oil
ran out of oil
ran out of oil
ran out of oil

and so on :innocent:

also as for glanzas not giving bother! you quite right there a good car ile always buy and sell them as im on my 6th now. however from what ive found there like any car get a good one your fine and get a bad one there a complete money pit due to a88holes which i could name quite a few some on here who believe because they see the engine code 4efte that they can rip the arse out of every part price? i mean for example i was quoted 110 quid for a glanza starter motor (y) what did i do?? i went to damien priors and bought a corrolla one for 20 quid and fitted it and no problem whatsoever!

however you will find this out if anything goes wrong for example your engine does pop and people were quoting me 600 quid odds for a new one the time i bought a shell and i managed to rebuild it for less than 400 :cool: and then you know what you have at the end of the day.
did u take a day off work to write that:p

sacodetoro

RMS Regular
Lol nicky my post wasn't aimed at you, more at the halfwits you refer to, and a general statement about how they aren't unreliable just generally tuned badly.

And yes I didn't read it properly, it ran out of oil lol.

And yes you are right lots of people do rip the arse especially those ppl wanting to charge 200 for sticking a wideband on.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
OP
Nicky Glanza
Drives
BMX
Lol nicky my post wasn't aimed at you, more at the halfwits you refer to, and a general statement about how they aren't unreliable just generally tuned badly.

so true mate! some idiots out there buy a jam atcuator and put the boost up to a bar with a fcd and think oh aye sweet (y) not as easy as im sure you know yourself.

aye no but the problem at hand mate was the car ran out of oil by the fella in between me and gibbi. gibbi is a switched on wee lad knows his glanzas too! sure damage is done! nothing can be done now bar a new engine :party: but here your not by anychance the fella texts me now and again looking coilovers?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.