MK1 Audi A3

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Hope you've better luck with this than what I've had with the Toledo of late.
Have 312mm conversion done on mine, really is a simple job! Also done the 256mm vented rears, again simple if you get the correct 2wd carrier.

Ive also done the TT subframe and ARB swap when I'd the engine out, had the parts lying for years to do it so thought no better time to do it, whether it made any real difference is debatable though!

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
Got offered a lovely Sport interior for this last week so agreed to buy it yesterday afternoon. Similar to this...

Audi-A3-8L-Sport-Complete-3dr-Interior-Grey-_1.jpg

Gunna have to start saving the pennies to do this brake upgrade because the brakes are pretty spongey at the min. Full flush with fresh fluid would probably help it but I may as well upgrade while I'm at it.

I think the coilovers and ARB have made a real difference to the turn in of this though, reminds me of my old Octavia vRS, all be it a bit more comfortable.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
Wow! Been a while since I've done anything with this. To be fair its probably only done 200 miles from my last update.

Haven't managed to get those seats lifted yet but the fella says they aren't going anywhere so not to worry. Brakes haven't been looked at yet either, they still work so they'll do for now.

The main thing that has happened (finally) is I got my wheels back from dad after a refurb and fitting of the tyres I got off @McFall1984

20201101_154159.jpg

20201101_164505.jpg

20201101_164454.jpg

20201101_164514.jpg

So so happy with the look. Proper OEM+ and very tidy looking. Fitted the center caps when I got home but forgot to take more pictures. Might try a small spacer on the rear and drop it a touch more just to fine tune the fitment but I'm very pleased as is.

For anyone who wants to know wheel specs they are MK1 TT V6 Ronals - 18 X 7.5j on 215/35/18 Nankang NS-2 tyres.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
Wheels suit it perfectly, looks great (y)

Cheers Jonny.

Amazing. Looks fantastic!

Thanks mate (y)

Really looks the part now! Nice one.

Thanks Cormac.

A small roof spoiler would look well on it

Been thinking of a roof spoiler and also a set of darkened headlights but only if I find a wee bargain šŸ˜

them wheels fairly transformed it! wasnt sure 18s would work but they do (y)

Thanks dude.

Looks mighty

Cheers and many thanks Gary. Tyres fit so well. Think I would have regretted going for a 205/40/18 instead.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Great turnaround from when you bought it and it's amazing what I nice set of wheels can do for a car!

Looks great, well done!

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P
The wheels make some difference! I love these types of threads!

Just a bit of cool, geeky, info (as you mentioned service history in another post)... It was supplied by new in Preston Audi back in 2001 and it looks like it was serviced and any warranty claims done up until 2006 when the first owner sold it. As you say a long time ago but pretty cool to know these things anyway (or I think it is anyway):

1.png

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Cracking car. Always loved that shape A3. I thought it was a wee bit low, but looks absolitely perfect now on the TT rims.

Great work.

Cooks

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
The wheels make some difference! I love these types of threads!

Just a bit of cool, geeky, info (as you mentioned service history in another post)... It was supplied by new in Preston Audi back in 2001 and it looks like it was serviced and any warranty claims done up until 2006 when the first owner sold it. As you say a long time ago but pretty cool to know these things anyway (or I think it is anyway):

View attachment 300787

Wow, cheers dude. That is cool to have that info, many thanks.

Wheels have made all the difference to it, looks great!

Cheers Conor

Some transformation! Super job.

Thanks Ian

Cracking car. Always loved that shape A3. I thought it was a wee bit low, but looks absolitely perfect now on the TT rims.

Great work.

Cooks

Cheers Cooks. If I can get away with it I will lower it more but only if I'm not going to smack the sump off the ground every 5 mins :laughing:

Wheels look massive but good, windows tinted and that'd do it.

Cheers dude. I've never been a massive fan of window tints tbh but if someone wants to do a quick photoshop it might change my mind. The other half had mentioned tints too actually lol

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
Well, no massive updates on this recently but I did have to buy 4 new tyres for it.

The mighty 215/35/18s I got off @McFall1984 looked class but they were hateful to drive on and the front two got punctures and then the passenger rear started losing air too so I bit the bullet and just ordered a full set of 225/40/18s

Have been driving it daily now the last few weeks and it's been great but noticed last night it seemed to be idling a lot higher than normal (sitting about 1200) so I suspect the temp sensor has quit so I think I'll change that and service it at the same time.

No more planned upgrades for the foreseeable although I did find an old Pioneer double din stereo I forgot I had so I might pop that in it so I can have some tunes again.

Will post some fresh pics when I get a chance to clean it properly šŸ˜

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
OP
veedubnoodle
Drives
her crazy
So since the last post I've happened across a wee bargain CRV thanks to my dad so thinking of either selling this or stripping it and selling in parts.

Was a decent wee runabout for a while but it's too small for my daily duties now and with 224k miles it's not exactly worth much.

Would probably get more for the wheels, coilovers, engine and box than I would for the whole car.

If anyone is genuinely interested in the car let me know otherwise I'm gunna park it up next week and start stripping it.