Mk5 R32 sound advice

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I am looking for some advice about getting better sound from my car audio. I currently have the mfd2 but will be upgrading to RNS510 this month, but I also want to improve the amount of bass and sound quality from the speakers.

Does anyone have any recommendations about the best route to take?

Bronk

RMS Regular
There's a good forum called talk audio.. It's all about in car entertainment :grinning:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I must be getting old, I thought there was decent bass off the standard system.

Good choice on the RNS though (y)

jimcupra

RMS Regular
What's your budget sky is the limit with audio. But you don't need to spend a fortune, if it's set up properly.

NickR

RMS Regular
OP
NickR
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Well not including the rns I would probably be willing to spend 400-500 tops.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Yeah, I'll check the system when I get home later. I have no ipod connection which is annoying, so I'd like something to overcome that!

apple_iphone_5_headset_leaked.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Phil_D put an RNS into his choppette.

510 from a Golf??

G, you can upgrade to the latest version which has SD cards behind the screen which will allow you get get an AMI interface or the glove box. That option is mega money though.

You can get an Alpine iPod device for your RNS, but I think Boydie would confirm that its not great.

Your best bet would be to go aftermarket, the Audi RNS-E is fairly limited.

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Woodcutter you have the rns-e in yours, I have it in mine but my bluetooth didn't work until I pulled it out and got it rewired, two cut wires ffs pain in the arse to find. Audi do a iPod adapter for the rns-e I have it in mine but to be honest its *****..ipod control is terrible, a new rnse would be much better but they are quite expensive, you should have two SD card slots behind the screen which you can fill with music and play away as these work very well.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
They're limited to 4GB I think Phil, the latest units with Media button are 32GB.

Phil_D

RMS Regular
510 from a Golf??

G, you can upgrade to the latest version which has SD cards behind the screen which will allow you get get an AMI interface or the glove box. That option is mega money though.

You can get an Alpine iPod device for your RNS, but I think Boydie would confirm that its not great.

Your best bet would be to go aftermarket, the Audi RNS-E is fairly limited.

Agree on the rns-e front, its not a great system...

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Quick summary off rs246

SD cards ONLY, NOT SDHC

Sizes up to 4GB work fine.

512 objects per card maximum, objects = MP3 files + folders + M3U files

You can choose whether to show file names or track names.

If you want to control both the order of play and what appears on the DIS then you can use playlists.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
The 2011 LED units with Media button are better to be fair, and can be had for around £400 with an original one fetching £300 odd maybe. Better resolution screen, ability to attach proper USB/iPod dock and larger SD card capacity.

An aftermarket unit isn't comparable with the colour DIS :worried:.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.