Mk5 R32 sound advice

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I have one SD installed, had two but one of them somehow ended up corrupted and I lost everything. Total PITA getting the music into the correct format on iTunes before putting on to the card.

s3_trev

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 8P
The GF has the 510 in her GTD golf. Its alright but far from special. I certaintly would never go out and buy it, but then I have this opinion with all RNS headunits, just think they have terrible features for what money they command. I have my car booked in with Audio Advice to get the Alpine 928R fitted, as soon as the bracket for my car becomes available, to house the 8inch screen. See here - http://www.alpine.co.uk/p/Products/navigation-systems6/ine-w928r

Martyn

RMS Regular
Not sure if Martyn is still active on the forum but he's your man for mk5 sounds

Cheers Big Pimp... I'm still active just not as much due to "life" lol.

Have a look Nick at audio advice web site. Look under factory installs and you will see my r32 install. It was the most "factory" install I have ever had and it sounded fantastic.

The install was done by audio advice and they had a waiting list of buyers to purchase it before I had even sold the car.

With the golf the best upgrade for bass is a sub and amp. These can be run from a vw head unit - no problem.

If you want or need any more info just ask. Both my mk4 and mk5 r32's where the most complete factory style modded cars in the country at the time. I now cringe at the amount of money I tipped into them.

johna3

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2Golf/defendr
Wouldnt bother with the RNS units. Get yourself a decent alpine HU and speakers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.