Mk8 GTi Clubsport

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
Drives
m135i, m40i
Revival / Hijack...

Collected my CS45 last week :grinning: Currently parked out the back as I'm isolating :worried:
Oh, nice, I know of another one in its wrappings about to be unleashed in a few days 👍

3E3FE7A5-1A9B-4DFB-A68A-F05D29E50E57.jpeg

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
Certainly didn’t look like isolating in Lisburn an hour ago! 😋

Looked superb, health to enjoy!

Definitely wasn’t us going to BK drive through….
Oh, nice, I know of another one in its wrappings about to be unleashed in a few days 👍

View attachment 347933
Mine was allegedly the first in, with a couple more arriving the next week.

My son and I have been debating if we will ever seen another one in the real world

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
45 looks great, bar the wheels.

Had a Google about them there and they don’t seem to get good reviews though.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
The Mk8 hasn’t had great reviews in general since it landed. Both GTI & R variants.

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45
That's the first Mk8 Golf that I have liked the look of. HTD :cool:

I quite like the look of 8R but I wanted to move to something a bit unique (as far as a stock VW can be), and the pops and bangs from the Akraprovic exhausts are endlessly amusing :grinning:

Had a Google about them there and they don’t seem to get good reviews though.

To be fair, there has never been an Anniversary Edition Golf that didn't get slated in reviews... it's par for the course. I've still owned two of them :grinning:

The main complaint in the CS45 reviews was the price, it's a little dearer than the R and obviously lacks the AWD performance. Another was the steering was a little numb, I've only had it a week in rush hour driving so I honestly can't comment. It's main competition in reviews is the latest CTR which is quite a bit faster, cheaper and is a more raw driving experience.

This ticks every box for me, loads of gadgets and just enough sporty bits without tipping into the ASBO looking world of the CTR... and my son absolutely loves it!
Awesome @Peje , enjoy ripping front tyres to pieces!!

:laughing: It's certainly proving more challenging at getting power down than the 7R!!

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
To me the GTi in the mk8 is far nicer than the R. They get some bad reviews but the wife has her gti 8 months now and loves it. The stupid buttons take some getting used to but they are a good car.

Seen a white one today in Belfast and they look well.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
OP
Chris Mac
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Buttons are great, the infortainment is riddled with errors, mines been back for two software updates and needs another

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Buttons are great, the infortainment is riddled with errors, mines been back for two software updates and needs another

Only 2!! You are lucky lol the wife’s has been in umpteen times and now she just gets on with it. Phillips have been great to be fair.

Peje

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI CS45

Only 2!! You are lucky lol the wife’s has been in umpteen times and now she just gets on with it. Phillips have been great to be fair.

My first GTI from Nov '20 went back after 4 months as it just wouldn't work... complete disaster.

The latest one has only had a single error since I got it, and it wasn't one that made me stop and restart the car.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
The Mk8 hasn’t had great reviews in general since it landed. Both GTI & R variants.

A lot of the issues seem to be related to the new infotainment unit and electronics in general.

The revised software to fix a lot of the issues seems to be some time away as well, which is not helping.

I haven’t read anything negative in terms of the driving and performance

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
Can the red strip round the tyres be removed or would it be new rubber all round think it takes away from the look imo