Model Y - Belfast Photos

Shmern

RMS Regular
Drives
VX220 NA
I think you all mistake the lack of a grill to be bland.... its just not needed and therefore the Cd is lower..... grills are for Dino powered cars :grinning: embrace the future..... or it'll leave you behind :grinning: hahaha

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
The grill or lack of isn't really a factor, cutting edge technology aside - this side profile just doesn't do anything at all for me
Screenshot_20220329_081724.jpg

Reminds me of some budget bland people mover from a manufacturer who make cars for people who don't like cars

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
They are no style icon for sure. That being said if you look past the face they are an exceptionally good family mover. Interior space, economy, performance, tech - in those areas they are unrivalled, and in the cold light of daily use sitting in the drivers seat, those factors matter.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I really don’t like how any of the Teslas look but all said and done I’d still drive one if I could afford to. I don’t look at the Passat and think that’s a good looking car either.

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Fantastic photos. I can't help thinking the model Y looks like someone in design literally stretched the 3 in photoshop then took 6 months off work. Not that convinced that's a good thing. Really clean in black or blue with performance wheels they look a bit better. I've no doubt it would be an incredible family car regardless.

redxl77

RMS Regular
I think you all mistake the lack of a grill to be bland.... its just not needed...... grills are for Dino powered cars

In that case, they should stop making it look like there's supposed to be a grille there. :rolleyes:

Shmern

RMS Regular
Drives
VX220 NA
In that case, they should stop making it look like there's supposed to be a grille there. :rolleyes:
Lol why is there supposed to be a grill …. There isn’t a huge explosion maker behind there to keep from destroying itself ;) we are conditioned to expect cars to have grills … that’s all

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Takes a special kind of person to come in to a new car thread and tell the proud new owner it looks awful.

I thought the Y was just a hatchback version of the 3 but its surprisingly larger. Would make an awesome family car, especially when the 7 seat version is available in Europe. When I was in yesterday getting my charge port replaced there were about 100 new 3/Y sitting outside and there were hardly any white ones!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Whilst the looks aren't for everyone, I personally don't mind them. Few little cosmetic touches and the Tesla's look well. Just look at @big_pete 's 3.

You have to give it to Tesla though in relation to how far they have come in a relatively short time. The level of tech, range, etc you get for the money is excellent compared to some other manufacturers.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
I’m with @Boydie in the retrospect I could justify having a car full stop, I love @big_pete s one but on a public car forum you can’t expect everyone to love everything we have, it would be a dull world, some people need to lighten up abit and take criticism good and bad. It takes all sorts to make the world work

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
I’m with @Boydie in the retrospect I could justify having a car full stop, I love @big_pete s one but on a public car forum you can’t expect everyone to love everything we have, it would be a dull world, some people need to lighten up abit and take criticism good and bad. It takes all sorts to make the world work

Couldn't agree more, so why come in and say someones new car looks wick.