Modest Mods

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Stevie91

RMS Regular
Slightly more pink than normal. Didnt bother me tbh. And its not an mot requirement to have a white light.
That laminx is good stuff, I used the dark tint before and it didn't affect output at all. Cheers for that I'm gonna get some red at some point :grinning: looks tidy

moorsojr

RMS Regular
Drives
320D M Sport
That laminx is good stuff, I used the dark tint before and it didn't affect output at all. Cheers for that I'm gonna get some red at some point :grinning: looks tidy
I had my headlights done with the light smoke, it was ok in the summer but absolutely terrible when the nights started gettin darker. Accord are notorious for having bad headlights but even with xenons it was like 2 candles in a dirty jar

Stevie91

RMS Regular
I had my headlights done with the light smoke, it was ok in the summer but absolutely terrible when the nights started gettin darker. Accord are notorious for having bad headlights but even with xenons it was like 2 candles in a dirty jar
No idea why but the headlights in mine are excellent, must have had good bulbs put in at some point. I only ever had lamimx on the back lights

moorsojr

RMS Regular
Drives
320D M Sport
BTW have you a shot showing both lights?
The day the ball joint went...... though it shows the back without the spoiler and both lights

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389890619646.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389890619646.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 185

Daniel

RMS Regular
OP
Daniel
Drives
Silvia PS13
Jeeze, didn't think the plate thing was gonna touch a nerve with some people lol

@56oval - Times change, different people like different things. Sometimes people feel they've done enough to their cars so finish off by doing silly details that don't cost much. Each to their own though.

@Lyons & @Mark_C - The only reason my car had no front plate in the last pic was because I was just after a full respray & I had the plate holes filled in the middle. I was waiting on my plate bracket arriving for the side mounting so decided to snap a picture, so I used it purely as example. I'm aware no plate isn't legal, but my personal preference is the plate to the side but IMO any car looks nicer & cleaner without any plates.

Sadly 'tuning' now is fashionable bolt ons, fashionable remap and a two digit metro plate.

I'm all for the big mods too, but this thread is about small "modest" mods, the finishing touches etc. If a plate is the last thing you can do to the car, then so be it. Little touch. .. But I agree about spending big money on vague plates seems ludacris.

Last edited:
Reactions: C4L

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
After reading you post, I couldn't agree more...

The accord is the only car I have had with one reverse light.

Though not any longer! Purchased...

1_f.jpg

Cool although I would have got the fog light one so the lights are all red, and you don't have to swap them for mot

8vmk2

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172 CUP
Cup holder in a mk2... brilliant! I don't know how many times ive had to hold drinks between my legs or drinks from takeaways seatbelted in the passenger seat.

got a link to the one you bought?

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Ive never needed a wind deflector to smoke in my car or if its raining, in fact even in the winter with the heating full blast the window is always open a crack. Tell me that the sole principle people buy these sh*te pieces of plastic are 100% not about improving the look of the car then i'll shut the hell up. :grinning:

When you brake for a junction the water off the roof comes forwards and rolls off the window guide straight into the car.

Also at around 60 mph, the water from the windscreen flies in from the same window guide.

The deflectors stopped both happening as much like you, I always have the window cracked open.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Aye wind deflectors are hectic looking. I never understood them as a mod.

Personally I like functional stuff. A sump guard, upgraded calipers or something like a good set of premium tyres. Something that says the owner takes it out and knocks seven shades out of it without trying to look blingtastic.

4 matching, non budget tyres.

Pet hate of mine is mismatched tyres. Really annoys me sitting at the lights and the car in front has two different tread patterns showing.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
When you brake for a junction the water off the roof comes forwards and rolls off the window guide straight into the car.

Also at around 60 mph, the water from the windscreen flies in from the same window guide.

The deflectors stopped both happening as much like you, I always have the window cracked open.

Cars used to have water channels above the window to prevent this, but cars have got steadily worse since 1989.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Cars used to have water channels above the window to prevent this, but cars have got steadily worse since 1989.

Was easily fixed with a set of heko deflectors. I quite like how they look on the car. But I am yet to find a car wash that even remotely attempts to wash behind them.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Mismatched tires is a pet hate of mine also. At least the boy I bought mine off had matching tires on the front and a different matching pair on the back. I cant wait to get them run off to get a full set.lol

gribby1

RMS Regular
Drives
vauxhall vectra
There's 2 ep civics sit in tesco in Craigavon. There's an facelift ep2, black, rotas, lowered, mugen spoiler, possibly carbon bonnet. All in all not a bad looking car, bar the noisey exhaust. Then there's a silver ep3 pre facelift just lowered and is always gleaming and TBH it's the one that always catches my eye. The older I get the more less is starting to become more
The silver one is a friend of mines and is for sale in next week or so one if the cleanest ep3 I have ever seen

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
If it's as clean as it looks it will be a good buy for someone. Good EP3s are few and far between these days though. I gave up the look for one long long ago

Paddy H

Banned
Drives
Accord Executive
@PeteMoore

Doesn't your accord have a 'recessed' front window screen?

Mine is, there would be no chance of water coming in off the windscreen.

I'm surprised the tourer is different.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.