mot badboy bonnet help

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jason

RMS Regular
will i fail

apparently i wont fail on headlights

046.jpg

freind with badboy corsa got his threw too...

Bryan

RMS Regular
Depends who you get on the day I reckon - someone who's strict could fail it for mearly covering the lights whether they're supposed to or not.

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
wots daft about bad boy bonnets on veedubs? its works so much better than most manufacturers.

helps with the euro look, golfs just wouldnt look dutch enuf without it! lol

Pocket_rocket

she will more than likely fair due to it covering some of the headlight, switch it for a standard bonnet for an hour to run it through, the mot places over here area nightmare, failed a few ford galaxies for window tints and ford did it in the factory.
have fun but id take it off for the test just to be sure

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
theres a bonnet here in the garage so mite swop it but cudnt be arsed lining the old one up again

Porter

RMS Regular
just say to them , listen i have a spare oin the garage, do u really want me swapping if for an hour, lol

what bout adjusting the wee rubber bungs to make it sit a wee big higher.

Porter

RMS Regular
come tho think of it, my one on the fiesta was drastic and covered a huge bit of the light, but the garage that done it, done the mot headlight test and it was fine, so you never know.

vza

or just take your bad boy bonnet off and run it through without it,provided its not raining?

vza

or just take your bad boy bonnet off and run it through without it,provided its not raining?

Bryan

RMS Regular
It would fail with no bonnet at all I'm sure. The bonnet is primarily there to allow a pedestrian to roll up over the car as a safety precaution - imagine what would happen with no bonnet and you hit someone. They'd more than likely get burnt by the heat of the engine/get stuck on bits of it.

Swap the bonnet over for the test. That's what I would do. They're very strict on the headlight alignment.

Jason

RMS Regular
OP
J
passed on the bonnet... that was fine

failed on..

rear PLASTIC coated brake lines being rusty/dirty :scream:

front brakes binding after he pumped the ***** out of them on the rollers

and last but not least...NUMBER PLATES

christ there a bunch of tight gits!!!!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.