mot badboy bonnet help

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bryan

RMS Regular
rear PLASTIC coated brake lines being rusty/dirty

Plastic coated pipes can still rust if the plastic has been cut/damaged in anyway. Usually though its just dirt on them that hasn't been cleaned off that causes problems.

tahiblue

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7 Golf R
MK3 Lad said:
and last but not least...NUMBER PLATES

You won't actually fail because of this. They just give you a written notice saying they are defective.

Speaking from experience :oops: forgot to stick on the proper ones before i took mine in.

Marc

RMS Moderator
tahiblue said:
MK3 Lad said:
and last but not least...NUMBER PLATES

You won't actually fail because of this. They just give you a written notice saying they are defective.

Speaking from experience :oops: forgot to stick on the proper ones before i took mine in.

i disagree... i failed because of mini metric number plates and a clip on the flexipipe to copper pipe on the brake hose, replaced the clip and put standard numberplates on and its ok.

marc

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
i swapped mine for a standard pair before the MOT. better safe than sorry :grinning:

six_impressive_hours

RMS Regular
I just stuck my standard ones on top of my illegal ones with the smallest bit of double sided tape.

Just ripped em off straight after mot. You could clearly se the standard plates where stuck over the nice ones, but they did'nt worry :grinning:

Saved me having to line up & center da sporty ones again ;)

james

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.