MotoGP 2017

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I always thought it was just a general balance/weight transfer thing under braking/turn-in, some riders do it and some don't, whatever works for each riders.

Think it was Rossi who started it of the current crop, but sure someone else used the same technique before in the history of bike racing.

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
I always thought it was just a general balance/weight transfer thing under braking/turn-in, some riders do it and some don't, whatever works for each riders.

Think it was Rossi who started it of the current crop, but sure someone else used the same technique before in the history of bike racing.

Nope Rossi started it in 2005 with an epic overtake on Gibernau 8-|
When Gerry Burgess analysed the data it didn't make Rossi any quicker!

Dave..

RMS Regular
When and what channel is the next race on?
I really enjoyed the last race reminded me of the Roberts and Sheene battles.

DriftnSlide

Banned
OP
DriftnSlide
Drives
S60 D5 SE
CH5 on the Monday. If you don't have BT Sport you can watch it live online on something like Cricfree but you have to close down a lot of pop ups and you need fast broadband.

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
CH5 highlights are great I think. Cover the whole race, and no sitting through commercials, etc., just record and fast forward. Do the same with btcc, wrc, F1, etc.

BLS

RMS Regular
Drives
bmw
The Doctor looked like he needed some Medicine after that,gutted he fell off n gutted he didn't get the win. Great start of a season for Zarco he's going well.

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
Another fantastic race judging by the highlights
The only thing consoling me over Rossi was Marquez crashing out too :laughing:
Will watch the full replay tomorrow

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Actually was pretty dull for the most part.

Then in the last five laps it all kicked off :grinning:

Gutted for Rossi, but it was a fair straight fight.

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
Not the most exciting race at catalunya but great to see Dovi get another back to back win.
The factory yamahas struggled and Vinales' poor result closed the gap at the top to 7 points.
The Tech3 team are really showing the factory team up on the 2016 chassis
I'm far from a Lorenzo fan but good to see him improving again on the Ducati

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just caught up with the last few races, pretty good overall and the Dutch one was very good!

Very mixed fortunes, seems a bit random which bikes are doing well or able to get the best out of the tyres at each race.

But great for the championship, brilliant racing and four riders within a dozen points at the top. All to play for :cool:

Stuff F1 :innocent::joy:

genman

G
so close between CAL and Marquez....I can see why HRC want to keep CAL...when he stay on it he's proving to be as quick as Dani and showing up Jack Millar....looks like experience counts for something.
I'd love to see Petrucci win a race this season...guys deserves it

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Brilliant race on sunday. Cracking atmosphere and it only got better after Rossi won. First motogp for me and what a day. Started of quite badly when our bus (booked privately through rentabus) didn't bother turning up but managed to get the train up and only missed the warm-ups.

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
So so race at sachsenring as leading trio broke away quite quickly. Atmosphere was fantastic when folger took the lead but Marquez is just unbeatable at this track.
Good battle in the second leading group
Result keeps the top four within 10 points of each other which must be a record. Pedrosa still not out of it yet.
Noticed the Ducatis are running carbon fibre forks to allow flex in the chassis - how trick :cool:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I thought it was brilliant :cool:

Great fight up front, and another one just behind with Vinales and Rossi.

Folger was superb, would have deserved to clinch it, but never really had a fair chance against the factory Honda. Still beat everyone else, by quite a long way :grinning:

There is so much young talent out there this year, and the championship has four riders within ten points now!

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
I've just found my race programme if anyone is into that sort of stuff.
Let me know if anyone wants it posted (free of charge) rather than it going into the bin.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.