Motorbike test and 1st bike advice

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Gutted I didnt get chatting to you, was a good day. Was chuffed to be able to throw the dry tyres on too :grinning:
Had a few niggles myself. Sorted the false neutrals out with a big of adjusting of the gears but was off a cylinder in each corner when the rev's dipped a bit. Still good fun and know what needs done for next year!!
Yeah had a wee look for ya, but got a look round your bike, it looks like a great tool!! I need to get something for next year with suspension and slick tyres, hopefully a pre-inj race bike.
Any idea whats causing yours to miss? Has it been tuned?

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
Its completely standard but its 06 and its done 2200 miles from new, 100 of which since 09.. lol.

Apparently the sparks havent been changed recently and alot of folk on owners forums said they fixed it with just the sparks - heres hoping!!

My suspension preload was far too high but couldnt find anyone with a spare c-spanner to drop it down sadly but all in all quite happy. Will be much happier with a damper. I had to climb up the bike to keep the front end down lol (n)

Going for my race license for sure but dont know about running the 636, some folk saying its allowed for clubmans aslong as youre not winning LOL. Ill need to ask.

Also tempted to get an SV or ER for the standard twin class?? Could be cheap racing..

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
lol, no c spanner?? Hammer and Screwdriver!! Sorted!!

Hmm I looked at the twins, lots of people saying they are great racing, but they just wouldnt have the same thrills, especially not in standard form anyway.
Yeah ill prob get the licence next year too, but need to find out the regs for doing it on a road bike.

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
They'd be pretty evenly spec'd so would put the fighting into the riders hands rather than the wallet I reckon..?

Dunno need to find out more myself. Someone invited me along to the belfast and district race club so hopefully get down there and see what the craic is. You thinking of racing the r6?

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
After sitting on a bike for the first time in July, an Autumn spent buzzing back and forward to Ballymena in the wind and rain for lessons has paid off.

Passed my third and final test this morning.

It's a pity that the bike season is over but at least I have it in the bag before the CBT comes in early next year.

The 600RR is growling at me in the garage!

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Good lad well done (y)

Still doesnt stop being able to go out on the bike on lovely cool nights like today tho ;):cool:

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Well done mate! Have to get an RMS rideout organised come spring for the craic! If you do take her out take her easy cause the roads are greasy :p Nothing like the rear spinning up at 70 to get the heart racing lol

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
I gone did a boo boo.

Apparently it was the electrics but ill never know.. Shame too, great wee bike.

2011-09-18%2017.48.55.jpg

2011-09-18%2016.58.29.jpg

24147751X-1.jpg

Boots are still black and have scorch marks on my helmet, would love to see the video. Apparently it was well above me when it went boom. Felt a little toasty

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Is there actual pics then lol?! Heard about the incident but not what actually happened. Bad craic to relaise that doing those sort of speeds and flames around ye :scream:

Watching money burn away? You not covered for track or those sorts or problems or what happened?! :sob::broken_heart:

bob

RMS Regular
Silly question for this thread maybe given that you're all bike nuts, but has anyone ridden a bike and not actually liked or enjoyed it?

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
maybe motorbikes should have their own section on rms lol
as for riden any bike ive not enjoyed only my honda hornet when its in a huff and doesnt want to work right for me lol, fecking thing.... but then thats what happens when you cross bread 2 wiring looms into 1 lol. other than when it doesnt work its a great bike especially with front and rear suspension set up, could do with a new set of hoops though abit sketchy on the 10 year old bridgestones lol
Photo-0044.jpg

IL

RMS Regular
OP
IL
Drives
981 GTS
I still want one, but my heart and cash still is being pumped into 4 wheels.. when i have the excess cash and im moved out of home ill certainly be on 2wheels then.

Souleh

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra coupe / ZX
I still want one, but my heart and cash still is being pumped into 4 wheels.. when i have the excess cash and im moved out of home ill certainly be on 2wheels then.

Could only recommend it if you like your fast motors, track days are more or less open race sessions compared to the car ones, its great craic and a hell of a lot cheaper to run than the cars, not least quicker out of the box.

Its not as easy to jump straight on a bike but therein lies part of the joy of riding - mastering a difficult sport.

Cant wait til the first trackday in march if I dont get to spain in feb :laughing:

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Silly question for this thread maybe given that you're all bike nuts, but has anyone ridden a bike and not actually liked or enjoyed it?
Stood back for 10 years after being scared on one, but now i wish id done it sooner, great craic and only way i get to enjoy being out and about these days. Just need the weather to **** up for a few days this weekend to get out a run :worried: