Mot's For £100 Guaranteed

gaurenteed mot for £100

• Total voters
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I do know of a boy who has passed a few cars to get number plates off them, but he only done it for friends and the cars were never put on the road....

I wish I knew someone like this - the last time I MOT'd something just to get the number plate off it I had to spend 8 hours welding underneath it just to scrap it after the test once the number plate was transferred.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
To prove on that day, that it isnt a death trap.

The next day, they don't care.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Lol.i have an old Honda cb125 with 2 letters and 3 numbers on the plate I want transferred but he insists I need to put forks and a wheel on the front before I even bring it to mot.lol

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
Any car I've had fail was justified and fixed before retest the any testers i have met have been sound,
Even had one ask to take the car for a spin lol,

Also managed to pass a car with cable ties holding the throttle cable together (that melted mid test)

Imo the MOT test is the minimum requirement of the ability of the car, should be easily passable,
To add to the fog light switch illumination, have had my toyota pass the past 2 years with it not working, never even mentioned

Jason MacQ

RMS Regular
I wish I knew someone like that :worried:.
Still pining for the old reg Ian? I've a similar issue myself. Thoroughly grinds my gears a car has to be on the road to remove a plate - I fail to see why its relevant, especially in your case where you are simply looking to perform some honest recycling. Have you tried having the argument with Coleraine?

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
Drives
Hundeye
whats annoying about this is having to go to the test centre, you didnt have to do that years ago will dodgy MOT's. I was offered them many times in the past (10 years + ago) but hadnt heard as much of it recently.

MOT a Rocko says is an essential check in my opinion and something thats no hassle at all really. Sometimes the testers could do with a lesson in public relations but generally they are ok

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Still pining for the old reg Ian? I've a similar issue myself. Thoroughly grinds my gears a car has to be on the road to remove a plate - I fail to see why its relevant, especially in your case where you are simply looking to perform some honest recycling. Have you tried having the argument with Coleraine?

I am indeed mate. I darent mention it to Coleraine incase they say no and the reg has been flagged up then.

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
This would come in handy for me in my present situation with the 306. Both my bottom arms failed the MOT and to fix it its costing me £450 for two new ones. The £100 mot cert would be great but i love the car too much to be ******* about like that.

I guess its handy for someone who is trying to punt a car on but its just yet another thing to add to the list of things to worry about when purchasing your next car. People may think its okay and they dont give a flying **** but how would you feel if you bought a car only to find out (some how) that the MOT's for the last couple of years had all been faked. I know id be pissed off.

Like has been said before its a yearly check to see that the car is been kept right. Id say some of the people who think this is okay or the MOT is a waste of time would be the same people who laughed at the system in the south when there was no NCT and that they wouldnt buy a car from the south for that very reason!

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
So what is mot for then? Other than making sure a car is road worthy?.....i.e, safety
To ascertain roadworthiness. You incorrectly assume that this and safety are the same thing.
You also assume that this check means that a passed vehicle is 'safe' for one year. This is not true, and as pointed out, it is the responsibility of the owner to maintain the vehicle in a safe, roadworthy, and optimally performing condition.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Surely tho............an unroad worthy car is an unsafe car?.... Sure it's your responsibility to maintain the car for the rest of a year. But the government can't check it every time you take it off your drive. You are trying to say there is a difference between unroadworthy and unsafe. But there's not. Your car has to be roadworthy for the safety and consideration of other road users.

So while driving down in a car with bald tires(mot failure)(unroadworthy) you are putting at risk anyone/thing who is in front of you when you have to emergency break(unsafe).same can be said for alot of things considered in an mot check. The new hid headlights and illegal at mot because they blind other road users! You breaks are checked bushes and bearings. To make sure the car is tight and safe and the back axel of your 306 isn't going to pass you and cause an accident on a roundabout.

Yes I think emission test and all that jazz is a load of balls. But otherwise I believe mot checks are necessary safety precautions enforced by the government.

Copied from www.direct.gov.co.uk ;

Everyone who uses a vehicle on the road must keep it in a roadworthy condition. The MOT test checks that vehicles meet road safety and environmental standards. The first MOT test for a vehicle is required when it’s three years old. There are different rules if it’s used as a taxi.

This is why you get the dva at all these random cruises to try and check cars more then once a year...

Ge0rge

Banned
OP
Ge0rge
i wouldnt think so, the mot s that were in question were genuine just going through the system with a nudge and a wink and a back hander so to speak, sounds like this one was the victim of some kind of fake documents, im off to start a thread.....

printer wanted.

dross432

RMS Regular
Drives
subaru wrx sti,
well in away its good in alot of ways its bad.
eg car needs mot to get personal reg off which should be changed as its stupid.
so get it moted to get the reg off then scrap it sounds good to me. (mainly as to get it to pass properly would cost a mint)
yes bad points its some peoples driving are bad enough never mind dodgy vehicles driving about also.

Paddy H

Banned
Drives
Accord Executive
Gess If I had this fellas number the car could have been MOTed in NI rather than having to get it done in England.

No way was I getting through here on emissions. (straight through from turbo with 630cc injectors)

Over in England it seems standard practice to slip a couple of 20's to get passed emissions. At least that's what I did.

Although, if he letting cars through that have mechanical defects.... get him shopped asap.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
My 306 failed because the bottom of the headlight wasnt more than 500mm from ground level...not exactly dangerous, car still has good suspension travel. Think it is something to do with the legal height the headlamp must be.
Wouldnt be handing anyone £100 for an MOT, you could have most things fixed for that and be totally legal!

MarkOne

RMS Regular
I wonder is this why the DOE are doing random appearances at MOT centres at the minute? Once it's on the internet everyone is in the know the know and obviously this guy is an idiot if he's dealing with strangers! Can't say I agree with passing death traps but I know 1 guy who backdoored a taxi simply because it would of failed on body work but was mechanically sound so I guess it's all about circumstances?

mark87

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan Skyline R
Iv seen this done in person a friends subaru faild because his clocks were in km/h, the number plate was too small also failed an emmissons test, you arrive at the test center he meets you outside it jumps in drives to the front has a wee chat then drives round the back and hey presto an mot cert and it wasn't £100 when i seen it happen was only £60 few years ago though.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.