MR2 lottery

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

buff

RMS Regular
Drives
Jimny
goo idea but id reckon maybe 400 tickets @ £20 would be a better idea.

or wait until Belfast and Furious and do it there, a much better chance of getting them all gone!

but for a teanner or £20 count me in :laughing:

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
£10 is enough to attract the masses! and as buff says wait til the show if you get it on a stand!

delboy

RMS Regular
Drives
Traffic LWB
do it, but say if the 800 tickets aren't sold the draw does not take place - that way people may buy more than one to ensure the draw goes ahead

Ashton

RMS Regular
Drives
so if he doesnt sell 800 tickets he refunds everyone who bought a ticket?? dont be stupid.

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
are you gonna buy a ticket dirk lad, that would be a turnup for the books :lol:

pablo

RMS Moderator
I think an upstanding member of the RMS community should do the draw :grinning:

i.e. ME.

now dont get upset if my brother wins then gives the car to me :lol:

Ciaran

RMS Regular
Drives
i3 REX
As I'm an accountant I could collect the money and lodge it into a "safe" bank account :grinning:

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
Or the car mysteriously gets stolen or vanished, and ur under no obligation 2 refund tickets!! LOL Nah give da man a chance,,, fecking nice MR2,.,.,
@Ciaran, theres a new member with the same avatar as u, tintmaster!!!!

Ev206

RMS Regular
I'm Sure there are legal implications on this, were you have to do some sort of competion as well on the side e.g spot the ball. Wasn't this the case for the BMW M3 car were there was tickets sold for £40.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
kerzo said:
good idea in theory as long as you sell 800 tickets ;)

correct

what are the chances of selling all 800 though? you'b be well fooked if you sold 10, and one of the those was the winner

POD

RMS Regular
i'd say u would have a better bet of selling them at £20 and 400 tickets

at least u would get serious interest in the car and not some wee kid comming along.

P.S. competition rules for this sort of thing usually state that u must hold a valid driving licence to enter the draw

Bryan

RMS Regular
Legal advice is a must if you were seriously thinking about going ahead with this. £10 per ticket would be good at the likes of a show.

800 tickets might be a little too many, you need to work out exactly how many tickets you need to sell to earn yourself what you want for the car and then add a few hundred onto it - at least if you don't sell exactly 800 you'll hopefully still have passed your bottom figure (the amount you want for the car).

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
holy ***!

been away for most of the day, and happy days - look at what i come back to :laughing:

what about 500 tickets at £15 per ticket? do it at Belfast and Furious, have the lottery at the end of the day? it would be some promotion for RMS - one of their members giving his car away at the end of the show for £15 ?!!?

i'm dead serious about this...

i met a guy in newcastle over the weekend who i know, and he has offered me 6k on the car... i told him he would have first refusal on it, but then this idea came to me! is there any way of enuring that the draw would only take place after the 500 tickets were sold?

Bryan

RMS Regular
If you're willing to take 6k for the car, then earmark the 400 ticket mark but make the official number 500 - anything you make over the 400 is good news!

I reckon it would be good going to get them all sold on one day though!

delboy

RMS Regular
Drives
Traffic LWB
i didnt mean that he would have to refund all the tickets, i meant that if people knew that if all the tickets werent sold then the draw would not take place

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
how about gettin a list of those who off rms and respective websites who would be serious about puttin in £10 or £15 first then sell the remaining tickets at Belfast and Furious??

Id definately take one! :laughing: :laughing:

any rules on how many tickets???

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.