mtec brakes

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
I've a set on the 330ci, far better than the ferodo discs they replaced and would be on par with mintex imo. I went for the grooved and dimpled

Cro

RMS Regular
Decent for the price, need a serious clean when they arrive. It looks like they come off the lathe and straight into the box

adam1942

RMS Regular
OP
adam1942
Drives
2015 F56
Cheers folks - will get them ordered soon then if they're decent enough.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
They do slightly over priced mintex pads and what appears to be generic blank discs that are drilled/grooved, etc in house. I've used them a few times and they're mental dusty but otherwise dead on.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
Yeah they "supposedly" use mintex discs and do the machining in house. They seem ok, not that I've ever fitted any but I know my mate has bought some for his wife's car which I have to fit some weekend for him, but I've driven a couple of cars which I know have them in it with no issues.

Too many people cover everything in copper grease/clear grease etc and then wonder why things don't work so well. I've never seen any car come from the factory (VAG) with any form of grease on the calipers or carriers, so why add something that isn't there in the first place? I actually removed a set of "warped" discs to find some plonker had the hub covered in copper grease and then tried to tighten the disc in place over it.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I've a set on the 330ci, far better than the ferodo discs they replaced and would be on par with mintex imo. I went for the grooved and dimpled

Surprised to hear that you rate Mintex above Ferodo Richie, I would put Mintex at the same level as Apec and rate Ferodo Premier above both.

We sell quite a bit of Borg & Beck brakes these days and they have prove to be very popular, especially as all their discs are coated which helps appearance greatly and limits rusty bits.

Ant

RMS Regular
Ordered front/rear discs dimpled/grooved, mintex pads, handbrake shoes, discs black coated, bottle of fluid
225 delivered, doesn't seem too bad!

Last edited:

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Surprised to hear that you rate Mintex above Ferodo Richie, I would put Mintex at the same level as Apec and rate Ferodo Premier above both.

We sell quite a bit of Borg & Beck brakes these days and they have prove to be very popular, especially as all their discs are coated which helps appearance greatly and limits rusty bits.

The ferodo discs and pads lasted about 10k miles before they were taken off. The surface became very pitted despite being used daily and juddered quite bad under breaking, at the time they were put in they were fitted with new pads. I may have just been unlucky bud

Nigelo

RMS Regular
See they are now starting to do separate discs for aftermarket 2 piece brake kits as well as complete aluminium bell and disc for a limited range of cars. Sent them an email to see if they'd be interested in doing a set for the Megane RS250 - a few companies already do them but at 3x the cost of the mtech ones.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GR86
Bought front and rear dimpled and grooved discs with red stuff pads. Improvement over standard at a good price, they often have offers on so keep an eye out.

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
Mtec is down the road from me. They sell a massive amount of discs. I have used them on skylines and s14s without an issue. Its not mintex discs they use. I have been it place a few times. Very impressive set up.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Ordered front/rear discs dimpled/grooved, mintex pads, handbrake shoes, discs black coated, bottle of fluid
225 delivered, doesn't seem too bad!
Did you have these on your Z4, How are you finding them?

Shaun

RMS Regular
Mtec is down the road from me. They sell a massive amount of discs. I have used them on skylines and s14s without an issue. Its not mintex discs they use. I have been it place a few times. Very impressive set up.

Are they still in campsie??

Used then a couple time and been no problems.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Yeah they "supposedly" use mintex discs and do the machining in house. They seem ok, not that I've ever fitted any but I know my mate has bought some for his wife's car which I have to fit some weekend for him, but I've driven a couple of cars which I know have them in it with no issues.

Too many people cover everything in copper grease/clear grease etc and then wonder why things don't work so well. I've never seen any car come from the factory (VAG) with any form of grease on the calipers or carriers, so why add something that isn't there in the first place? I actually removed a set of "warped" discs to find some plonker had the hub covered in copper grease and then tried to tighten the disc in place over it.

I've never seen the factory need to take parts off again after many thousand miles etc ! They dont grease things because they dont give a **** about it coming apart again.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.