Muriwai White McLaren 570S Spider

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Mental but fair play for having the balls to just go for it. I know by the pictures you will not be disappointed!
Honestly if I had the time I’d probably have flown over and looked at it but it’s been a stupidly busy few weeks. I have faith in @mcma1 and my own eyes/decisions/tastes! :grinning:

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
file_82E0287C-497D-4FBF-839D-014C30F025D2.jpg

Currently being PPF but detailer sent me this picture. You can see the colour a little better. I am probably nuts PPFing a used car, but, hey ho... fingers crossed. Countdown is on though. Plated moved across this morning so it'll have my plate ready. I do plan to run it plateless of course :grinning:

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
View attachment 218152

Currently being PPF but detailer sent me this picture. You can see the colour a little better. I am probably nuts PPFing a used car, but, hey ho... fingers crossed. Countdown is on though. Plated moved across this morning so it'll have my plate ready. I do plan to run it plateless of course :grinning:

Springs and spacers - job done!

Only messing, looks glorious! That’s a really nice colour too - would it be similar to the blue you can get in the i30N?

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Springs and spacers - job done!

Only messing, looks glorious! That’s a really nice colour too - would it be similar to the blue you can get in the i30N?
It’ll be more white in the flesh I suspect. I’ll not know until I see it on Thursday though lol!

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
It’ll be more white in the flesh I suspect. I’ll not know until I see it on Thursday though lol!

Just trying to get a perspective on colour. Will be visiting up your direction a few times over Christmas so will take a little snoop past... :p:eyes:

Jonny_W

RMS Regular

Looks a bit white silver like mine I think lol only messing. Colour looks amazing, I cannot wait to see it in the flesh.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
This looks absolutely fanstastic. Congratulations on the new car. What a brilliant Christmas present to give yourself. Enjoy every minute with it!

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Yup. I’ve watched that video a couple of times. It’s a stunning colour. We are on the countdown now!

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Yup. I’ve watched that video a couple of times. It’s a stunning colour. We are on the countdown now!
Awesome. Genuinely pleased for you and looking forward to seeing more photos and hopefully it in the flesh at a Cars n coffee in the future.

Love the fact that the colour has proper heritage.

Did you know that before purchase??

Reactions: WSM

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Awesome. Genuinely pleased for you and looking forward to seeing more photos and hopefully it in the flesh at a Cars n coffee in the future.

Love the fact that the colour has proper heritage.

Did you know that before purchase??
You'll see it around for sure. It's a daily :grinning:

I honestly had no idea about the colour. The main choice for this car was the unreal spec it has. It has every single MSO option available (other than the MSO Seatbelts) so it was a real gem of a car. The colour was an added bonus and it's a really lovely heritage for it.

For anyone reading who doesn't know -- the colour was created by Bruce McLaren's daughter. It's in homage of him, obviously, and the name comes from where he won his first race in New Zeland and then a combo of their first home -- it as white with blue doors so the daughter wanted white/blue combo some how and the MSO team came out with this. It's exciting @da.murf -- This is the most excited I've ever been for a car.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I can’t even begin to think about buying a £20,000 car without driving it a couple of times never mind how you feel paying 10 times that amount .
You have the biggest balls of all on RMS lol,such a stunning car and wish you all the best with it..you are one lucky man .(y)

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
FlyBe are a bunch of ****s. I paid for 1A/1B for @mcma1 and I - I check in and my seats get changed to 16A/16B -- I called them up "oh, that's weird, it must be a problem on our side, just tell them at the airport" FFS. Useless.

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
FlyBe are a bunch of ****s. I paid for 1A/1B for @mcma1 and I - I check in and my seats get changed to 16A/16B -- I called them up "oh, that's weird, it must be a problem on our side, just tell them at the airport" FFS. Useless.

Nightmare! is 16 the emergency exit isles? Might still get some extra leg room there

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.