My '04 Facelift Technoviolet ///M3 Individual

Gavlar

RMS Regular
I'd be painting those if it were me. CSLs are done to death. Lovely colour car

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
I love that colour! I still have yet to tick an M3 off the list of cars to own before you die - techno violet, velvet blue or atlantis blue would be on my list of desirable colours in an E46 M3

Lovely example mate! How many miles on the clock?

Jordy

RMS Regular
OP
Jordy
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
I love that colour! I still have yet to tick an M3 off the list of cars to own before you die - techno violet, velvet blue or atlantis blue would be on my list of desirable colours in an E46 M3

Lovely example mate! How many miles on the clock?

93k, not planning on doing big miles so can't see it rising much

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
93k, not planning on doing big miles so can't see it rising much

those figures on the mileage clock mean nothing if she's been well looked after - most people seem to think that high mileage on a 1.2 fiesta and a motorsport tuned Bavarian 3.2ltr straight six M3 mean the same thing lol!! HTD buddy!

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I've never actually driven an E46 M3, are they as good as they are made out to be?

O.C.D

RMS Regular
looks the dogs bud imo i would just get the rims refurbed and be done ...subtle is the name of the game. HTD

simy

RMS Regular
Am I right in saying the newest ones would be nine years old now. They stopped making them in 2006?

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
I've never actually driven an E46 M3, are they as good as they are made out to be?

if you like RWD action and more of a raw drive with a bit more free revving driver interaction they are hard to beat - not everyone's cup of tea, but you need to get a drive in one to make your mind up - they are a good all-rounder considering the amount of power they push out and the calibre of car they are, but useless in the winter LOL!!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
They're a great car, so much car for the money these days too.

You really need to wring their neck though, all the power is way up the rev range, awesome pace when you're really on it. One of the best cars I have ever owned for sure.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I absolutely love mine, can't think of a car that works as an all rounder as well, bar maybe an rs4, though they are dull to drive in comparison

Jordy

RMS Regular
OP
Jordy
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
The big question is did you throw her around the roundabout at the model :laughing:

Look great, I love techno violet, I am sure I will see it about at some point. All the best with it.

Ha, the thought crossed my mind then I caught myself on.

Conor

RMS Regular

I think so, yeah. Probably exceeded my expectations tbh! You need to be awake in the wet though. :scream:

As said above, great all rounder. Not all that hard to run and maintain either all things considered.

Absolutely lovely example @Jordy, HTD.

Jordy

RMS Regular
OP
Jordy
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
They're a great car, so much car for the money these days too.

You really need to wring their neck though, all the power is way up the rev range, awesome pace when you're really on it. One of the best cars I have ever owned for sure.

Your on the money with this, I find myself trying to drive it like the fabia,

I have to drop the M3 a few gears to get it move....then it comes alive.

Crimson

RMS Regular
Drives
Daytona Grey S3
Your on the money with this, I find myself trying to drive it like the fabia,

I have to drop the M3 a few gears to get it move....then it comes alive.

If you're coming from a forced induction based car they feel lazy as you're used to power at lower revs without having to put the foot to the board, but once vanos awakens in the higher revs the E46 M3's are a complete animal!

I love the way they are not too fussy about gear change, whereas most smaller engined blower based cars are pretty fussy with lazy gear change if you're in traffic, you can cruise about in ****ty traffic or go crazy down a "b" road if the mood takes you in these (y)

Mickylad

RMS Regular
Drives
M2Comp/i3

They're a really lovely place to be, you know you're driving one, loads of fun as well, but there are quicker cars out there for the back roads, but that's not what an M3 is about in my opinion.

You need to get a drive in one, a decent one that is, drove a few that needed quite a bit of TLC, and the different between one and a sorted one is night and day.

Jordy

RMS Regular
OP
Jordy
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
Some things are starting to annoy me so ordered a new centre console as one in the car is marked quite badly around the handbrake handle....

Oh and booked it in for the airbag recall.

Jordy

RMS Regular
OP
Jordy
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
So my centre console arrived and looked to new so I ended up ordering a few more bits...over £200 worth lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439037393.326483.jpg

Stripped it all down.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439037451.841123.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439037463.127393.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439037471.156986.jpg

Gave it a going over with the hoover.

First up was new ashtray and climate control frame

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439037534.590522.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439037544.861620.jpg

Then centre console with new storage compartment....I removed the phone tray.

I'll use the storage more plus I like the sliding door lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439037642.182187.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439037649.778079.jpg

Added a new gear surround too in titanium shadow.

A couple shots of finished job....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439037709.923967.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439037721.030197.jpg

It was fiddly enough but i think it's made some difference. Forgot to take a before pic.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Good man. Bits like that make you that much happier as you see then all the time. Little imperfections grate on you after a while lol