My '04 Facelift Technoviolet ///M3 Individual

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
PS Nice M3 and as for the OEM wheels, if not getting them properly refinished, Id clean them, polish them, seal them, cover them and put them in storage for when you sell the car.
I'd prob buy CSL reps just for the handiness of just being able to wash them without the need for metal polish !!!!!!!
Polished wheels are 'fine' for a garage queen, but way too much upkeep for a car that gets used! (IMO)

Jordy

RMS Regular
OP
Jordy
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
PS Nice M3 and as for the OEM wheels, if not getting them properly refinished, Id clean them, polish them, seal them, cover them and put them in storage for when you sell the car.
I'd prob buy CSL reps just for the handiness of just being able to wash them without the need for metal polish !!!!!!!
Polished wheels are 'fine' for a garage queen, but way too much upkeep for a car that gets used! (IMO)

This is what I was thinking but haven't made my mind up yet.

CSL's have been flogged to death, but I'll see, then I know id have to go for springs and spacers lol

Jordy

RMS Regular
OP
Jordy
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
Spent the week trying to trace a very small coolant leak.

Turned out it was the temperature sender on one of the rad hoses.

New one ordered up for JKC, should be a simple job to replace.

Ordered some LED sidelights, numberplate lights and interior lights too.

One thing that is bugging me is the budget tyres on the car, brand new as they are I'm for changing them.

What tyres would fellow m3 owners suggest?

Continentals? Vredesteins?

Last edited:

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Lovely car

I've pilot sports in the rear and conti's on the front,

I got 2 rear tyres with the car too which are Michelin so I think I'll put pilot sports on the front when they need changed

Had the subframe been checked, I injected mine with the resin yesterday as a preventative measure.

Jordy

RMS Regular
OP
Jordy
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
Lovely car

I got 2 rear tyres with the car too which are Michelin so I think I'll put pilot sports on the front when they need changed

Had the subframe been checked, I injected mine with the resin yesterday as a preventative measure.

Yeah subframe has been checked already and is fine.

Hoping to get tyres sorted in next couple weeks, only thing letting it down at the moment. I hate budget tyres!

Jason

RMS Regular
Lovely car

Checked it myself twice on different occasions, alls good underneath on subframe.

Glad you got the leak sorted Jordy, was it the actual sensor or the seal around it?

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Yeah subframe has been checked already and is fine.

Hoping to get tyres sorted in next couple weeks, only thing letting it down at the moment. I hate budget tyres!

Only thing worried me about them is the subframe. Hopefully with the resin injected it'll be fine

Yeah it's not a car for budget tyres. I priced tyres from camskill which seem reasonably priced

Jordy

RMS Regular
OP
Jordy
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
Checked it myself twice on different occasions, alls good underneath on subframe.

Glad you got the leak sorted Jordy, was it the actual sensor or the seal around it?

We weren't sure so I just ordered up a new one with the o ring just incase.

RyanM3

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
What tyres would fellow m3 owners suggest?

Continentals? Vredesteins?

I'm running continentals on the rear and uniroyals up front. Sticks to the road like glue ! If you're thinking of going conti on the rear then drop me a pm, I can do u a really good deal on them at the minute

Jordy

RMS Regular
OP
Jordy
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
I had uniroyals on the Fabia and they were woeful. Awful tyres IMO.

Send me through a price on the Contis please.

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
I've continental m3 's on the rear and continental sport contact 's on the front and they are fine. Will be going with the conti m3s next time round too. Not the world's most grippiest tyre, but good enough and still allow some sliding about at sensible speeds. Check amazon and the rears are only £118 each.

Jordy

RMS Regular
OP
Jordy
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
I've continental m3 's on the rear and continental sport contact 's on the front and they are fine. Will be going with the conti m3s next time round too. Not the world's most grippiest tyre, but good enough and still allow some sliding about at sensible speeds. Check amazon and the rears are only £118 each.

That's a good price on those.

Jordy

RMS Regular
OP
Jordy
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
Wee update......

Coolant temp sensor replaced and coolant leak has stopped.

Replaced numberplate, sidelights, interior lights for LED items.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440450926.061201.jpg

LED on LHS, standard to RHS

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440450960.311528.jpg

Sidelights....white to match the xenons.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440450985.211153.jpg

Phil_D

RMS Regular
I really liked them, had them on the m3 and then the rs4 no issues at all, great all round tyre..

R36_

RMS Regular
Drives
R36 Passat
Only seeing this now. Beautiful car Jordy, lovely lovely colour. Health to drive and enjoy mate!