My 2006 Mini Cooper S

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I love your OCD, you're mad lol. As much as I love the scoobs, this has to be much more enjoyable as a daily driving car.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
OP
Neil_M
I love your OCD, you're mad lol. As much as I love the scoobs, this has to be much more enjoyable as a daily driving car.

LOL I was raised to take things apart that don't need fixed and "improve" them. It's the only way to learn! :laughing:

It's certainly a much easier car to drive than the Scooby. The controls are significantly lighter as you know. I do miss the violent mid range punch of the scooby. The mini is no slouch of course, it just has an incredibly linear power delivery, arguably making for a more refined daily. 33MPG in rush hour traffic is very welcome!

There is also something very appealing about "cheating the system" with a cheaper daily.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Guaranteed you like your old bikes, when you get your new jcw you will get an itch for an old supercharged that will go just as quick point to point. Take my word long term it will be an investment

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Guaranteed you like your old bikes, when you get your new jcw you will get an itch for an old supercharged that will go just as quick point to point. Take my word long term it will be an investment
What would you say is the best fun mini you could buy?

Dave..

RMS Regular
Funny I was looking at older JCW's earlier.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Would say facelift R53 (late 2004 onwards), if you are into modifying you can make them pretty rapid, if you want stock and an investment a 210 JCW or the ultimate R53 GP1 unmolested
Have you driven a JCW Challenge car?

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Could the jcw challenge be driven every day?

I found the Nitron coilovers to be surprisingly stiff, as did a lot of online reviews, but then they they did develop it as a more track biased car. Suppose it depends what you're comparing it to though, compared to an Elise it'd be no problem.

Dave..

RMS Regular
I found the Nitron coilovers to be surprisingly stiff, as did a lot of online reviews, but then they they did develop it as a more track biased car. Suppose it depends what you're comparing it to though, compared to an Elise it'd be no problem.
I have a bad back so probably too stiff.
Will see how I get on with my JCW and the adjustable suspension first.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
I have a bad back so probably too stiff.
Will see how I get on with my JCW and the adjustable suspension first.

Oh right, are you fitting the MINI Sport coilovers? We had a car in recently with them and it certainly seemed a bit more compliant on the road compared to the Nitrons in the Challenge.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Looks great @Neil_M, definitely a chance from the Scooby! I have been looking at these (& JCW) myself recently.