My 911 Carrera 2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
lol they were to carry a bike, 99.9% of time not on car. i dropped the car off to get the springs done then cycled into work

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
Looks great, it looks to be lower than the H&R's at the rear and same at front.

Really does transform the look though, love it :laughing:

15mm spacers rear and 7mm front next!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I think the height of the front looks spot on there.

Saw it briefly from afar yesterday coming out of the Kings Hall, looked well.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
how its sitting today. Im not happy with the rear height so looking at ways to raise it up 10-20mm at the back. It was already -10mm from std and came down a heap more!

Splitter arrived yesterday too, so need to look at getting that fitted but biggest priority is getting the suspension sorted so I can get an alignment done.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
Ok so I wasnt happy with the rear height, as its a little low. No idea why the eibachs gave such a drop but was happy with the handling and ride etc so @Daviddunlop83 very kindly made me up some spacer rings to raise the height 20mm. These slipped over the shock body and sat flush against the bottom platform. They give exactly the same seat as the original ring so no worries with the spring not sitting correctly etc. This is exactly the same as adjusting the platform on a coilover for example, or a shock with multiple platform positions (bilstein do one for the elise with 3 positions).

shock with eibach spring:

shock with spacer fitted.

And how the car sits now (perfect):

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
weather was good this morning so wanted to get them done before my back tyres get chewed :grinning:

I stupidly measured the shock as 50mm diameter and got the rings made with 50mm ID. Of course they didnt fit. 20 mins with a dremel had them sorted though :grinning: I do wonder will they ever come off again though!!

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
weather was good this morning so wanted to get them done before my back tyres get chewed :grinning:

I stupidly measured the shock as 50mm diameter and got the rings made with 50mm ID. Of course they didnt fit. 20 mins with a dremel had them sorted though :grinning: I do wonder will they ever come off again though!!

Lol I didn't wonder but thought you allowed for the ID with some clearance when you measured them.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.