My 911 Carrera 2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
yeah Im so tempted by a set. I absolutely love those wheels. Id buy those over twists, not a lot in it price wise.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
I dont what I want in fairness, so a lick of paint on the ones I have will do for now.

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
yeah Im so tempted by a set. I absolutely love those wheels. Id buy those over twists, not a lot in it price wise.

I think the lobsters would look really bad on a 996, it'd be like putting CSLs on an E36 M3!

mikerd4

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4 Avant
I have to admit I know nothing about the nuances of Porsche ownership and wheels lol

19-rims.jpg

As for CSL's on an E36
sm3446.jpg

They dont look bad (yeah I know they are reps)

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
That will look fantastic ... nice choice mate. You heading to Dubshed this weekend?

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
thats it done then bar some small tidy up jobs (give the leather a good clean etc). Enjoy for the summer and re-evaluate then.

I have the sports seats with the hardbacks, Id love to get them painted bodycolour but the nipper sits in the back so would get ruined lol.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
wheels springs and splitter will have it sitting perfect I think. I added up the cost of a refurb, plus 2 rear tyres, plus new centrecaps and the twists pretty much pay for themselves.

off to @gsportcars tomorrow for 2 new front arms and springs in, then into Kerrs on tuesday for alignment.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
ok went for the twists in silver :oops:

Also ordered a GT3 Cup front splitter. 99 quid from Porsche, takes a couple of weeks as its a motorsport part but hopefully look well with the car lowered and give the front a bit more presence (always felt the 996 a bit soft at the front). Crap pic but should look the part.

post-578-1116839004.jpg

I could have swiped you one of these last time I was in Weissach mate..... ah well......

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
Only seeing this now Paul - excellent choice mate i've been hankering after one of these for a few years now

HTD chum

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Looks bloody lovely, sounds great as well....made @chris_b 's auld Vectra thing sound like a sewing machine! :p

Definitely seems a bit high at the front compared to the rear, hopefully it'll settle.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
I'll give it a couple of days and see. Went with eibachs @KeithRobinson because had read they were a slightly smaller drop than H&Rs and also slightly less harsh. They really did drop it at the back but much less so at front.

If it comes to it I will try to raise it a little at the back via thicker spring pads or something.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.