My car - new pics page 2 5/3/2007

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

rosssei

RMS Regular
OP
rosssei
yea, black is nice wen all polished up mate! hopefully get some good pics of her on sunday!

starting with ICE, Kenwood M707 screen going in this week, fusion front components, pioneer sub and two sony amps - one powering components and one for sub.

plans are to pay my parents back the money they lent me, then get wee dents taken out, lowered on coilovers/60mm shocks and springs all over the summer.

alloys are something im not quite sure about - love th black rims with polished lip on graeme's ibiza (see seacat pics) so was thnking of doing the same thing?! any opinions?! Or could go for Dare V2's, which i think would look awesome!

so lowered, wheels, subtle exhaust, and some nice side skirts - something that doesnt need a front and rear bumper to match as dont want to fit a bodykit! having trouble sourcing some nice ones though!

then hoping to rip all the sound out and do a fibreglass built. Upgrade to one single Pheonix Gold amp to run components and a PG sub!

but just see how it goes! currently just saving to pay rents back, and saving for insurance! loving driving it though!

Woodsie

RMS Regular
Drives
F21 125d
then hoping to rip all the sound out and do a fibreglass built. Upgrade to one single Pheonix Gold amp to run components and a PG sub!

Dont bother spending the money on Sony amps and ****e if your planning on doing that. Save your money and the PG stuff when you can afford it, will save you money in the long run.

Try and get a set of 172 Speedline wheels, they look ace

ARN

RMS Regular
Drives
1.6 Sxi Astra
I'm not a huge fan of black on black, I does seem to be a big trend. but to be fair i can say anyhting the wheels i have on are as common as muck on clios. :grinning: but i like them.
If i could afford it i would get the 182 front and back bumper look alot better than the standard i think better than most body kits out there.
Anyways good luck with it all. :grinning:

rosssei

RMS Regular
OP
rosssei
saw a clio in the trader a while back - red one from lisburn. Had lovely skirts on er! to be honest not fussed on changin bumpers - wanna make it look standard, but subtle changes.

dont want to make it look like i tried to make a 182 replica, know what i mean?!

Woodsie - had all the stuff lying round from the last car i had. And yoou would be suprised how good it sounds, most people think its really expensive stuff, and the quality of the sound gets comments every time i was out in the seicento!

people are too quick to diss stuff because it isnt the most expensive!

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
The Kenny M707 is a great wee unit...i had one in the Ibiza. running all the wires up the car was a nightmare though from the control box to the unit!!

ricky_t

RMS Regular
Drives
M3Cx
same here andy with my 627, they give you a serious amount of wiring!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
dont put dare v2's on - common as and done to the death

try source a set of 182 rims if you want to go the darker route - much nicer than black wheels

best kit for the clio is the 182 kit but it is expensive and you have to get a lot of parts for it!

if i were you, i would source a set of skirts - rieger or concept skirts, my spoiler ;) , 172 rear bumper and get a 172 genuine renault splitter for the front bumper (just a circular bit of plastic - much nicer than the rubber you get on the normal clio bumpers) - along with 182 rims and lowerage!

nothing wrong with the car having 182 or 172 bits on it - its the best stuff to put on the clio imo

cant go wrong with a renault sport interior and steering wheel either if you fancied it!

rosssei

RMS Regular
OP
rosssei
yea, screen came up on ebay, so happy enough...cant wait to get it in! and finally bought a ipod adaptor so can stop having loads of CD's lying around the car! shoudl sound good all in wit the components and sub!

need to buy some dynamat for the boot, lol know of anyone has some lying around??

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Yes actually i have a full roll of dynamat Extreme - 15quid

As for the ipod connection...great but the SQ aint as good as CD.

rosssei

RMS Regular
OP
rosssei
lol boydie, keep your spoiler till i get some more money and il have it off ya!! lol, and thats a promise!#

any links to those skirts?? as i said dont wanna change bumpers etc, and dont wanna build a replica car! but as you say no harm in having upgraded bits on it - thats the plan, pretty much factory but to my own taste!

rosssei

RMS Regular
OP
rosssei
hmmmm....in school all day friday then work at 5!! what school you teach in? saturday mornin any good?

ricky_t

RMS Regular
Drives
M3Cx
there was a guy up there last night andy that was looking at grahames ibiza and said you used to teach him!

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Yeah Marty Henz probably, was in my form class a few years back.

Early Saturday morning suits me grand.

rosssei

RMS Regular
OP
rosssei
sweet, where is handy for you to meet?? im in bangor

rosssei

RMS Regular
OP
rosssei
was the carcept ones i seen on mate, look awesome, especially considering i aint adding a bodykit!

so will the 172 splitter fit on the front bumper just normally?!
watching the steering wheel too - i assume the airbag just unpplugs and plugs in again?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
if you win the auction tell him you dont want the airbag - you cant post airbags because they will explode on the plane lol

your airbag will slot in no bother! and those steering wheels can go for £80+

the 172 splitter will need to be cut down the middle but it wouldnt be noticeable if done cleanly - go on to www.cliosport.net and search about

all your clio needs are there! :p

rosssei

RMS Regular
OP
rosssei
ok, at the eurospar?! i cud come to your house, if that would save ya the walk!? PM me sure

yea boydie, just signed up!

will see can i get a good deal!?

ARN

RMS Regular
Drives
1.6 Sxi Astra
I think we acutal have those carcept skirts in work.
someone ordered them in and never came to collect. ill have a wee look for you on saturday when im next in.

rosssei

RMS Regular
OP
rosssei
sweet ARN, where you work? would be very interested if u kud get me it at a good price!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.