My car - new pics page 2 5/3/2007

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cro

RMS Regular
As boydie says the 182 stuff looks class but if you go the whole rep road then it would cost less for a real one. Id say that modifying trends are JDM and OEM looks now or correct me if im wrong. Ive recently got a 182 front bumper on my clio and with it bein an extra couple of inches wider it makes such a difference to the stance of it. Il take some pics and you can have a jeff rossei

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
check out the width difference with the 172 arches

17395979a773247950b441475656l.jpg

:worried: i miss it :worried:

rosssei

RMS Regular
OP
rosssei
does it still run with the lines of the wing, even thought its wider?! fire some pics up!! what about the back bumper, you leave it standard?

rosssei

RMS Regular
OP
rosssei
cant see it Boydie - block on these computers! ad it as a attachment, and can see it den!?

so would i need new wings to put the 182 front bumper on?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
you will need to buy skirts, arches, arch liners and front bumper to compelte the front end

you cant fit the 182 front bumper without the wings unless you were going for a full custom job but it wouldnt do it any compliments without the wider arches

Cro

RMS Regular
it can be done without the wings, check out a guy on cliosport.net called has. but it costs ALOT and is ALOT of work!!bumper needs heat molded :confounded:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
it can be done without the wings, check out a guy on cliosport.net called has. but it costs ALOT and is ALOT of work!!bumper needs heat molded :confounded:

ill need to check that out - seems a bit silly imo if you are spending that amount of money to get it to fit why not just buy the arches and skirts :confounded:

rosssei

RMS Regular
OP
rosssei
ok ill check it later, and yours had the wings boydie?! thats what i kinf of wanted to avoid, puttin loads of extra parts on - know what i mean!

mayb just put the splitter on like you suggested, would look good i think! how much would the bumper and wings sting me? and what about rear?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
i had the full kit bar the skirts plus a couple of my own touches from reiger

bumper - i got it as low as £100 new from renault - it arrived with a few scratches - which didnt mean anything cos it was getting sprayed anyway but i thought i would kick up a fuss and he knocked £30 off it lol

so £130 ish for the front bumper and that include lower grill and maybe fog light covers im not sure but renault can go lower!

arches - £60 each from renault - i was lucky i came across a set on jim55 for £50!

skirts - i dont know probably in and around £150/200 but i was never really a fan of them to be honest - they do not cover the jacking points on the clio - where are the paint and body work isnt smooth if you know what i mean??

rear - id only go for a 172 or 182 rear bumper

i paid an excessive amount for mine (thanks ruth :p ) but that was when they were scarce and not easily available - they can be picked up on ebay regularly or on cliosport

check out this months Modified Motors too - my clio is in it (has the blue saxo on the front page)

also check the RMS garage for pics of my clio

ARN

RMS Regular
Drives
1.6 Sxi Astra
Work in halfords in newtownabbey. no digs please lol. but ill get you a price.

ARN

RMS Regular
Drives
1.6 Sxi Astra
You gotta love it tho. hows the car going Cro, havnt cn you about jtown in a while.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
saw him this morning! get those spacers fitted or are you waiting on the arches?

ARN

RMS Regular
Drives
1.6 Sxi Astra
Just readin though this, i didnt know there was so much in puttin the 182 kit on ya car, wider arches and everything? flip, but hell it would look alot better. :grinning:

Cro

RMS Regular
aye got them fitted man, car handles like a go cart! il get a good detail done n throw some pics up. it all turned out pretty well, didnt end up bonding the skirts into the wings but they turned out very well. youre just not looking hard enough ARN, gonna sort the sunroof out soon so il give you a shout

ARN

RMS Regular
Drives
1.6 Sxi Astra
Lookin 4ward to see her.
Yea def give us a shout. its not that bad at the mo but it has its moments. Not likeing the whole driving around with a pink towel on my seat. The GF lifted it haha. awell.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
there are also wheel spcaers and a front bumper valence to be included on all that if you go for the kit - arch liner kit costs £100!

ARN

RMS Regular
Drives
1.6 Sxi Astra
haha, i was honestly thinkin about this a few days ago but my god theres alot of money there. i saw a few cheap bumpers on ebay, but then theres all that. i think ill wait a few year and just buy myself a wee 182 ;)
i was driving behind a blue 197 couple of days ago. but the guy was driving it really slow :worried: like even slower than the speed limit, must have just picked it up or something.
Wasnt a fan of the new clio but its going on me. Still perfer my mkII tho. ;)

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
aye - a further £400+ for spraying and fitting after you buy the kit!

the new clios have grown on me too but i would still prefer a silver 182 or a mustard yellow 182 :laughing:

ARN

RMS Regular
Drives
1.6 Sxi Astra
One day boydie one day. lol. missin the clio yet? or just loving the A3?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
i dont miss driving the clio lol - a3 is great though and hopefully have it all sorted very soon!

rosssei

RMS Regular
OP
rosssei
yea, 182 all seems like alot of hassle. is the rear 182/172 bumper wider? is it any different from the standard one?

may invest in a splitter just for the front of the standard bumper, laguna splitter? or 182 splitter?

opinions on the carcept skirts?

PhilG

RMS Regular
rearbumper isn't wider, it just has a sort of diffuser looking thing goin on on it. Looks nicer than the standard bumper.

rear 182 bumper will also have 2 cutouts for centre exit exhaust. 172 bumper doesn't have this.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
172 rear bumper just slots on and looks 100x better than standard

never hear of google image :p rear bumper:
87092-3.jpg

laguna splitter - no
182 splitter - yes!

like this one at the bottom of the front bumper - tidies up the front nicer than the standard one
renault_clio_06_06_05.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.