My first car - MK1 ph3 clio *

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Few pics of my first car.

Some of you may recognise the car as i bought it from my brother (MK1 Clio from the site) He bought a new car so I decided to buy it from him.

I bought it from him with this done;

Boot smoothed,
fully colour coded,
tints (by pentagon),
powerflow ss cat back exhaust,
lowered 40mm,
DTM mirrors,
tinted rear lights,
front fog lights,
set of MTX thunder components,
7" screen and PS2,
and a clio 16v dash top.

And after owning it for a week :p I have bought;

a set of clio cup 15" replica wheels (prima racing),
a set of Michelin BF Goodridge tyres,
set of Mk1 phase 1 16v sports seats,
Pioneer bluetooth HU,
Alpine typer R Kevlar sub,
Alpine amp,
Cobra alarm.

I'm also planning on changing the back box to a round 3" 16v version, and a set of rear Mk1 16v phase1 lights.

That is probably the end of the modding for me ( apart from keeping it mint, as he did) :grinning:
And in all fairness its not a bad wee first car I think! :grinning:
altho if anyone has any suggestions, post away, as id be interested to hear what you have to say. (y)

Cheers,

Jonny.

Pic of it with his wheels:
P8100002.jpg

And a few pics with my new wheels:
PC240035.jpg

PC240038.jpg

PC240036.jpg

PC240033.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c53/coolfire_99/Jonnys pimp wagon/PC240033.jpg

P.S. Ill update the thread with new pics of the other changes when I get a chance.

2002 Tii

Banned
altho if anyone has any suggestions, post away, as id be interested to hear what you have to say. (y)
my suggestion would to make sure you don't drive it with the wheels fitted with only 2 nuts like in the pics. couldn't be safe.

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
my suggestion would to make sure you don't drive it with the wheels fitted with only 2 nuts like in the pics. couldn't be safe.

haha funny! I was only trying them on, on one side to see how they looked, the black wheels are back on until after winter.

looks good, but there horrible cars to drive

not a bad wee car for a first car tho, could have done worse!

Jason

RMS Regular
oh aye dont get me wrong nice wee car to drive, like after owning a few other cars stepping back into the vts jus felt **** lol

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
oh aye dont get me wrong nice wee car to drive, like after owning a few other cars stepping back into the vts jus felt **** lol

aye I'm sure your right lol

but it will do me for a year or two anyway. Still only 58,000 miles and its 1996. So should be going well for a while yet!

Paul W

RMS Regular
Looks much better on those rims, needs to be lower though to make it look tip top.

A nice wee bit of delocking would suit it well too IMO

wingnut

Drives
S2 Coupe
Looks like a nice clean first motor, all the best with it.

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
I'd prefer it slammed on the black rims!

Good luck with it (y)

RS Darren

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 530d M-Sport
thanks all for the comments, I liked the black rims aswell though I also like the new ones alot better the pictures dont do them much justice,and for the lowering it sits quite well at the moment need to get a picture of it on level ground rather in my driveway and also to lower it 60mm I have to get the arches rolled as the tyre already scrubs at the moment so will leave it for a couple of months untill I ather more ££ . Also got the rest of MK1 16v interior fitted last nite so will post up pictures later of it . Just waiting on all the other parts arriving now to complete it .

cheers,
jonny:laughing:

simon4563

RMS Regular
Drives
F54 Clubman
seen this today, think its the first clio of this shape that i thought was well styled. too many jap style versions kickin about. keep up the good work

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
seen this today, think its the first clio of this shape that i thought was well styled. too many jap style versions kickin about. keep up the good work

Thanks lad, you probably saw the brother driving it with the black wheels on it, hes driving it until he gets his new one on the road. Just need to sort out the exhaust next. Am pleased with it myself for a first car I think whats done to it is subtle and not too in your face.

jny

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
Tidy motor lad. It looks well with either sets of wheels on it imo. Nice and subtle

Cheers, Yea thats my aim to keep it nice and subtle, Although when the lights and exhaust get changed i think thats me finished.

pictures of the new seats should be up tonight, certainly helped the look of the inside and kept it subtle .

jny

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.