My Focus ST

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

shannon1305

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST225
Here's my pride and joy. Bought it about 6 months ago, in decent condition and typical Focus ST standard form (all bolt on mods removed) and 66,000 miles. The test drive sold me, I hadn't even planned on buying the car. Anyway, I have spent the last 6 months adding a few bits to make it my own and getting a great big smile out of the 5 pot engine.

Spec list:
ST3 trim (Full leather recaros w/heated front seats, zenons, 6cd Headunit, Heated windscreen)
Lowered 20/40mm on Cobra springs
Eibach spacers 15mm at the rear and 10mm at the front
Wheels refurbished in Atlas grey

3" Downpipe
3" 200 cell sports cat
Radtec intercooler
High flow panel filter
Bluefin stage 3+ map

Plenty of torque and hopefully making around 290bhp

Here's some photo's (potato quality as the sun was setting)
16650286739_383dd50a5e_b.jpg

16629100907_e6b4667ee6_b.jpg

16214048604_9a4e4397cb_b.jpg

16214040044_ffc5be5611_b.jpg

I'm really happy with how she drives at the moment and the dry roads are an absolute hoot to drive. I have a to-do list and a couple of things I might do:

Focus RS clutch (purchased already, not fitted yet)
Quaiffe ATB LSD (purchased already, not fitted yet)
Big service + possible block mod (shims between liners)
4 wheel tracking and Eagle F1 front tyres
Polybushed rear end
Rear bumper respray (niggly scratches)

I'm not sure if I want to push it any further than that as it will mean either a hybrid turbo or an RS conversion, both big money options. I absolutely love the car and it's on a different league than the previous Fiat's I have owned so the main plan is to enjoy it!

Shannon

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
That looks mega! On the lookout for a ST-2 at the minute. Having three kids rules out the St-3 unfortunately. Why couldn't Ford have put another seatbelt in the rear!?

Great mods and looks in lovely condition from those photos.

Health to drive!

shannon1305

RMS Regular
OP
shannon1305
Drives
Focus ST225
Cheers guys, trying to keep to the tasteful tweaks

That looks mega! On the lookout for a ST-2 at the minute. Having three kids rules out the St-3 unfortunately. Why couldn't Ford have put another seatbelt in the rear!?

Great mods and looks in lovely condition from those photos.

Health to drive!

Agreed, but have you sat in the back of the 4 seater? It's really comfy. Sucks that they couldn't find another way!

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
No I never, but if it's as comfy as the ST220 it'll be quite the machine. How have you found the mpg? It seems that anything around 25mpg is the norm for mixed driving. Apparently a remap can improve this slightly?

Have you planned to do the RS Block mod or just hope for the best?

shannon1305

RMS Regular
OP
shannon1305
Drives
Focus ST225
No I never, but if it's as comfy as the ST220 it'll be quite the machine. How have you found the mpg? It seems that anything around 25mpg is the norm for mixed driving. Apparently a remap can improve this slightly?

Have you planned to do the RS Block mod or just hope for the best?
Swapping in the RS block/bottom end? I hadn't planned on it, at least not for a year or so. I've been considering getting the dreamscience block mod to prevent split liners though.

shannon1305

RMS Regular
OP
shannon1305
Drives
Focus ST225
That is lovely!

The orange paint is fantastic in the sunlight, fella I know was down at our shop last week in his and I had to take a pic of the colour when the sun hit it!

The flake really stands out in that shot, nice one. The paint is 2 stage, orange then an effect coat. The main reason I know that is because no one wants to try and blend my rear bumper in haha

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
Swapping in the RS block/bottom end? I hadn't planned on it, at least not for a year or so. I've been considering getting the dreamscience block mod to prevent split liners though.

Just googled that there. I wasn't aware dreamscience did a block mod. That looks a much more sensible and cheaper option.

shannon1305

RMS Regular
OP
shannon1305
Drives
Focus ST225
Just googled that there. I wasn't aware dreamscience did a block mod. That looks a much more sensible and cheaper option.

All the block mod is is 4 metal shims between the liners, apparently the method has been about for years and is used on the older Volvo T5's aswell, just need to get someone over here to give it a go and start making a few quid on it!

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Very nice!

My advice would be to stay where you are power wise as going further costs big money!

shannon1305

RMS Regular
OP
shannon1305
Drives
Focus ST225
Lovely....Orange is fantastic in the sun.

Beautiful car, I love them in orange.

Cheers guys, it was either this or Moondust Silver for me!

Very nice!

My advice would be to stay where you are power wise as going further costs big money!

I'm thinking along these lines also, I have the LSD/RS clutch ready to fit but they cost a pretty penny and would feel wasted if I left the power where it's at. It's a toss up between emptying the wallet or selling the LSD I think

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
The ATB won't be wasted at you power level at all! I put one in my old 150 bhp RS 2000 and it made a massive difference.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I'm on my second asbo orange ST and have just ordered a new one. They really are cracking cars. We have had ours collectively for nearly 7 years and still not bored of the noise .

Getting anyone to paint them is a nightmare lol!

NDvwGTI

RMS Regular
Drives
A3 s line
Easily my favourite colour in them .

Lovely clean example , plenty of power from that big 5 cylinder ! getting into RS territory .

shannon1305

RMS Regular
OP
shannon1305
Drives
Focus ST225
I'm on my second asbo orange ST and have just ordered a new one. They really are cracking cars. We have had ours collectively for nearly 7 years and still not bored of the noise .

Getting anyone to paint them is a nightmare lol!

Exactly my problem, did you ever find anyone willing to do it?

Good luck with the new one!

Last edited:

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I never bothered, it was only a slight mark and I carried out a spot repair on it. Wasn't worth risking a colour mis match on

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.