My Honda Civic Vti-s

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
So I decided to roll the rear arches :sob: bad idea
IMAG0107.jpg

I bent them stupid and they had to be beat straight and now need isopon. Hard to see but they where messy.
IMAG0109.jpg

Anyway I brought it outside and blew the dust off and realized the extent of what I've got myself into :eek:
Over a years worth of dust.
IMAG0112.jpg

It's like a barn find lol
IMAG0117.jpg

Most of the dust off
IMAG0118.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0122.jpg

Was hoping to get the shell into primer this weekend but something has come up.

All the parts that are off still need a bit more attention due to small areas of surface rust, and scotch brighting.

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Really like this car... Looking forward to the pics when it's complete...

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
Well I'm not braking any speed records with this car won't be long till its two years in the bodyshop :oops:
Anyways the whole car is dent free in black primer, some parts in primer over a year and not easy sanding :mad:

Hoping to have it painted over Christmas.
I've still not picked a colour, we played with the pirates black adding three times more pearl but wasn't keen, also done a 50/50 on a panel with it and midnight purple.
DSC_0412.JPG

Midnight purple on the left, it really doesn't look anything like that the camera totally changes the colour, maybe stick with the pirates black but it's too tempting to change it while I can but not too far from the original.
At the minute it's just a rubbing game.:confounded:

DSC_0476.JPG
DSC_0477.JPG
_20151209_220504.JPG

I am going to try and timelaps the painting and putting it back together.

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I remember how time consuming rubbing a full car down is from when I done my wee Baleno. As much as I love pirates black I'd definitely be doing a colour change while you have a chance to do somthing different. Midnight purple always a crowed pleaser and a personal like of mine. Dare to be different! :p

Cracking job all the same. Can't wait to see it painted and built back up.

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
I remember how time consuming rubbing a full car down is from when I done my wee Baleno. As much as I love pirates black I'd definitely be doing a colour change while you have a chance to do somthing different. Midnight purple always a crowed pleaser and a personal like of mine. Dare to be different! :p

Cracking job all the same. Can't wait to see it painted and built back up.

I was very close to painting it midnight purple but @gary87 hit the nail on the head and pirates black it is.
The way I look at it is I've always liked pirates black and if this car wasn't pirates black I would most likely be painting it in pirates black :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

With fresh pirates black and ceramic lacquer it will look the dogs.

Here's to the Christmas holidays :laughing:

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I definitely wouldn't be disappointed to see it done pirates black, they do look best in that colour. It's gonna look brilliant! (y)

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
And a DC2 gearbox! Lol.
Can't see that happening I think a turbo will be the next step, but one step at a time.
And a DC2 gearbox! Lol.

Not sure by the time I do an n/a build I could do a turbo but that's a long time away.
I actually need a cat back, I sold it ages ago :oops:

agreed, id go as far to say its my personal favourite of any paint. When mine was clean and freshly detailed it was stunning!!

Yeah it's one of mine also, I don't know why I was changing it tbh.
There's no going back now the paint is mixed and £400 lacquer orderd :eek::eek:

DSC_0027.jpg

5f095921.jpg

A wee reminder of pirates black. :laughing:

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
Can't see that happening I think a turbo will be the next step, but one step at a time.

Not sure by the time I do an n/a build I could do a turbo but that's a long time away.
I actually need a cat back, I sold it ages ago :oops:

Yeah it's one of mine also, I don't know why I was changing it tbh.
There's no going back now the paint is mixed and £400 lacquer orderd :eek::eek:

View attachment 101111
View attachment 101113
A wee reminder of pirates black. :laughing:

I miss my pirates black atr so much :sob:

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
That is a beautiful ATR in general. Always wanted one. Maybe one day!

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
We where flat out today with sanding and scotch bright so never got many pictures, you get told off if the phone comes out lol.
Pretty much the whole car is now sanded down to 800 grit, except the tailgate and wings we forgot about them and needed some rust removed especially the tailgate where it had been spot welded was starting to rust.
DSC_0487.JPG

All round where there the bonder goes was rusty spot welds and small patches of rust, all ground out and whole tailgate in primer now.

Also on to fiddly bits like door hinges that where coverd in grease, door mirrors that had seized screws that needed scotched and we couldn't figure out how to get the glass out and cracked it then found a hole underneath with another seized screw that released the glass, just as well I have a full doner car lol.
DSC_0488.JPG

I can actually see an end in sight can't wait :laughing::laughing:

Will get plenty of pictures when it's getting painted because I'll not have anything else to do.

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
looks like it will be a good job in the end. whos doing the spraying

It should be alright it's not just one of those tape the door shuts and paint sort of jobs, there has been alot of attention to detail.

Even the bumpers where the lips go on I said there's not much point in going mad sanding them down because you won't see it but it had to be done the same as the rest of the car, even the door handles and mirrors split anything that can be taken off and dismantled, I just hope it goes back together as easy as it came apart.

It's getting painted at panel & paint, I don't think he will ever do a respray ever again lol

Jamiemgzr

RMS Regular
Drives
Mg Zr Td
Nice read, will be one of the nicest mb6 about for sure! Rare car these days and over the water there just bresking them for parts. Have a 1.4 sport mb in pirates black which is meant to be rare