DSC_0210.JPG
DSC_0225.JPG
DSC_0226.JPG
DSC_0229.JPG

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
It really is, I'm glad I never changed it.
I just need to get it all polished then onto painting the rest.

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
I'm not fully convinced on the ceramic tbh.
It does give a really nice glossy finish, hopefully it I'll harden more over time.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Yea that's what I meant lol just take your time when applying them and follow the instructions to the T. They are some job though

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
Haven't really been doing much recently apart from polishing lol.

Started to retrofit projectors in the head lights.
From this.....
DSC_0302_1.JPG

To this.
DSC_0007.JPG

I'll be painting the insert black or maybe hydro dip it carbon or somthing I've a few sheets of stuff.

Also managed to get myself an exhaust from England, turned out to be a disaster, sentitnow wouldn't take it because it was too long and other couriers wanted anywhere from £70 to £130 so I had to cut a meter off it so I could get it over for £13 lol
It was custom made for an integra should fit with minor work.

Looks the part and 2.5" to match my 98spec mani.
IMG-20160211-WA0002.jpeg

And got a piece of 2.5" stainless steel to patch it together also I've some Tclamps I think they are called to hold it together.
IMG-20160211-WA0000.jpeg

The exhaust is practically new there are some stickers on it that haven't burnt off yet.

Gave the back box a polish up.
DSC_0028.jpg

That's all for now think I'll mess around with the head lights this weekend might do some hydro dipping and see how it turns out.

Attachments

• DSC_0302_1.JPG
    DSC_0302_1.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 80

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
I got some parts last week that I've been wanting to fit to an mb6 from I started driving them.
A skunk 2 intake manifold and 70mm throttle body.
IMG_20160302_143938.jpg

That throttle body was bigger that I thought, probably over kill but it matches the opening on the intake manifold.
I also got blackworks throttle body and intake thermal gaskets.

Old and new.
DSC_0094.JPG
A good bit less restrictive, hopefully get good gains.
_20160309_220514.JPG

Looks like a nicer bay with that snail intake out.
collage-1457561346615.jpg

And started to put the wiring and glass back into the doors and realised I'm to have to paint window rubbers and runners ffs.

Best bit so far is that I managed to swap out the broken sunroof with a working one that retracts like it should and put the head cloth in which was removed a day or two after I got it home because it was sagging, and now it looks like it's getting some where lol
DSC_0105.JPG

Hopefully get a good day at it here on sunday and get most of the interior panel's on and see what window trims and rubbers need painted.

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
What a busy couple of days.

Doors all built up, tinted glass in that I stole from the donor car along with the rear seats that where in better condition than mine, that was a balix, all the fixings where a different size so bigger holes had to be drilled and plastic trims swaped over and there was only a year or two difference in them.
DSC_0141.JPG

Starting to take shape inside only door cards to go on. Thinking of re trimming them in black.
DSC_0137.JPG

Inside the doors all blasted with cavity waxed along with the sills.
No rust inside the doors but a wee blast won't harm.
DSC_0138.JPG

DSC_0139.JPG

Also painted the the 1/4 glass rubbers and wings window runner gloss black as they where looking badly weathered.
DSC_0128.JPG

DSC_0129.JPG

DSC_0133.JPG

And on the car.
DSC_0135.JPG

Everything that is black will be painted gloss black including the chrome grill and rear number plate recess.

Takes bloody ages to put back together.
Not much left to do now, coming together rightly.

gary87

RMS Regular
Drives
E350
You're making really good progress with this now! Looks the part. Does your new intake manifold/throttle body do away with the dual stage VTEC?

hippyross

RMS Regular
OP
hippyross
Hoked out all the bits I could think of that can be painted gloss black
DSC_0146.JPG

DSC_0147.JPG

Scuttlepanel, grill, headlight inserts, fog light covers, wiper arms, window weather strips and front and rear badge.

I'll probably find more bits to paint as I go.

I test fitted the exhaust and the back box is going to be too long but I'll be able to cut it and use a 2.5" joiner like I've already done with the center section.
I'll have to wait till I've the bumper on for that.

With the center section on I was able to start the car after charging the battery and to my surprise it started first time even with me changing the inlet and throttle body.
I can't rev it because I need a longer throttle cable and different bracket, which I've orderd from H-tune but like everything you order off them it ends up out of stock and you have to wait over a week for delivery ffs.

Anyway I wasn't happy about how much wax I had used in the sills as I know they are common of rotting out, so I got a 2.5 l tin of wax oil from halfords for a tenner and drove it out side, for a lashing of waxoil.

No sun to show the pirates black :worried:
DSC_0153.JPG

I used the whole tin in the sills, it was dripping out.
DSC_0159.JPG

Think I'll buy another tin and blast more rust prone areas.