My New Motor: Lotus Evora

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
CarPlay in (ish)

IMG_9803.JPG

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
It appears that I've been at the head unit for 3 weeks ffs. Anyway, its in, the sub wasn't working thanks to the Alpine DSP (a POS more like) but once it was ripped out all is good, and sounds immense in the small cabin.

The car's been sitting in direct sunlight unfortunately as getting some work done round the house, and the UV lacquer has started to peel on one of the headlights. :worried:
upload_2017-6-20_23-52-12.png

Anyone know who would do this - is it a painter job or could a detailer (@big_pete) buff/1000 grit it off and then spray on the UV lacquer (as I think its a tin job).

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
1000 grit, G3 and the buff head on the drill took the worst off it. Doesn't stand up to close scrutiny so will just have to keep moving lol

IMG_9943.JPG

Andy at Blairs very helpful on phone and they'll get it to do a full uv restore fairly soon.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
:eek::eek: Just need another 29k and thats me sorted! Lovely motor, had a good neb round ot at the weekend. Amazing how simple it's all laid out compared to the cluttered ott stuff these days.

Have you ever driven an Elise? If so how do you find the Evora in comparison for longer journey type distance?

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
:eek::eek: Just need another 29k and thats me sorted! Lovely motor, had a good neb round ot at the weekend. Amazing how simple it's all laid out compared to the cluttered ott stuff these days.

Have you ever driven an Elise? If so how do you find the Evora in comparison for longer journey type distance?
Evora is the only Lotus you'd want to drive as a daily, unless you are some sort of masochist.... like @svensktoppen . We just kicked off a couple of new models this month, one of which will be much more comfy, but you'll have to wait til 2021/2022 for their release to market. Unlike the Danny Bahar days, these may actually make it to production too.

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol, Princess has been driving non-stop since the start of June. Been to Sweden and back, a lap of France, and all over England, 4k+ and still counting :cool: Not needed the roof even once either, lol - not even in a freak thunder storm near Silverstone the other day, drowned kitten time :joy: Didn't mind at all in the fierce heat :innocent:

More grassy fields and rutted tracks than race tracks, but she loves it, most versatile car ever made! She needs a full rebuild now though, and me too :innocent:

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira

The Evora is brilliant - we took it to Scotland last year and did 700 very comfortable miles. It’s quiet and surprisingly frugal. If I drove it super easy high 30s are definitely possible although on that trip it did about 32mpg.

The chassis is the star. I haven’t driven anything that is as planted and compliant down a B road out of the box. Inspires the confidence that say an Integra Type R would have.

The problem is that I test drove something a bit more silly from the Lotus stable and now they have me fully indoctrinated i can’t say no.

This won’t be my last Evora. I think if the prices came down and I decided to really lose the plot at the bank I would love an Evora 400. But that’s not what I’ve my eyes set on.

Whoever ends up with her won’t be dissapointed.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.