My RB26 260Z Project

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
I'm near sure I seen this yesterday? I'm sure there can't be another one.

Very sorry to see your car damaged but my god it could have been worse.

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
Serious kick in the stones there Ian :worried:

Just rise above it and get it booked into the best bodyshop you can find (y)

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Thanks for the sympathy guys. I was meant to be heading for the ferry to England about now, instead I had to take an angle grinder to my car to open the bonnet. Just gutted as I've put so much work into it and been spending the last week making her mint for the show and shine at Japfest.

Anyway the good news is its repairable, chassis is fine, just need a bonnet, wing, headlight bucket, headlight, airdam, bumper, indicator, headlight bucket cover and two new wheels and probably tyres as I locked up. They pulled out in front of me, I have witnesses so hopefully they take blame.

AG Automotive is probably going to sort it for me.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
What a bummer, just goes to show how easily these things happen. Pick it up, move on, and put it behind you as soon as possible. Could have been much worse...

EP82JM

RMS Regular
Noooo. All the mk5 golf gtis in the world and someone pulls out in front of this ffs lol. Gutting matw but good to see it isnt beyond repair.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Nightmare ! Hopefully the police are charging them with dangerous driving etc and their insurance doesnt try and **** you about

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Gutted for you mate, it could have been so much worse though! Fix, better than ever, and enjoy again! (y) If need any help just let me know!

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Gutting to read this type of thing when happens to such a project as this.
As we all know the biggest problem on our roads is not just speed but driver awareness/observation... SHOCKING

At least no one was seriously hurt and by sounds of it you will have it back to mint in no time. Shame about Japfest etc too. Good luck with the fix

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
What a bummer, just goes to show how easily these things happen. Pick it up, move on, and put it behind you as soon as possible. Could have been much worse...
Couldn't believe it, gutted I couldn't get her stopped, unfortunately due to how close I was when she pulled out I panicked and locked the brakes up, once that happened I had no chance of stopping time.

Nightmare ! Hopefully the police are charging them with dangerous driving etc and their insurance doesnt try and **** you about
Nope, no police involved, no need, just a careless mistake from someone not checking properly, just glad I wasn't on a bike in the same situation.

I'm really hoping they will just take blame and then I will be able to get it all sorted no problem, with two witnesses saying they saw her pull out in front of me I would hope it goes my way. But I won't be able to relax until I know the result.

Gutted for you mate, it could have been so much worse though! Fix, better than ever, and enjoy again! (y) If need any help just let me know!
Not sure there much you can do to help, but thanks for the offer. Need two new wheels so thinking of going for Watanabe's, if you know anyone that owns a 16" set let me know, I need to find the inner diameter for them to make sure that they clear my brakes.

:mad: Not nice to see ! Carbon bonnet and wings time??
Possibly carbon bonnet but only if I can find a good quality one that fits nice. There is a company that makes carbon wings but its an American company so I'm sure the quality will suck so I'll be staying metal.

Gutting to read this type of thing when happens to such a project as this.
As we all know the biggest problem on our roads is not just speed but driver awareness/observation... SHOCKING
Yes, totally, done a fair bit of driving last week and witnesses this so often. Plus loads of people doing 40 in 60 zones, which is just annoying and people will try and get past if they get fed up sitting behind them. Usually they people then continue to do 40 even once they comes into 30 zones.

At least no one was seriously hurt and by sounds of it you will have it back to mint in no time. Shame about Japfest etc too. Good luck with the fix
I'll have her fixed, might take a while though, parts are so hard to find.

Annoyed that there is nothing I can do right now to help, just got to try and find the parts.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
That's terrible to see. I'd be gutted.
Hope you can rescue it and keep driving it. I'd hate to see it as a future barn find.

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
I'm sure the silly bitch will have a breakdown when she gets the quotation from AG!
"Oh my uncle's friend can fix it for you for half that" :confounded:

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Nope, no police involved, no need, just a careless mistake from someone not checking properly, just glad I wasn't on a bike in the same situation.

I'm really hoping they will just take blame and then I will be able to get it all sorted no problem, with two witnesses saying they saw her pull out in front of me

No police, no witness statements or have they made some sort of statement or at least given you their details ? that could be an issue if the blind idiot denies liability, and driving without using their bloody eyes being without question the biggest cause of accidents and deaths on the road....the police should be involved and charging them with dangerous.
As you say...if you'd been on a bike you could have ended up dead. Not just a careless mistake at all.

Hopefully it all goes smoothly though

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I'm really hoping they will just take blame and then I will be able to get it all sorted no problem, with two witnesses saying they saw her pull out in front of me I would hope it goes my way. But I won't be able to relax until I know the result.

Well, as you know, without police there is no such thing as witness statements or anything. And police will only come out if there is any major casualty. Without any prosecution, the insurance companies will most likely settle between themselves and you will get 50/50.

Hope you got your whip-lash claim in too :p :innocent:

Just how it works, nothing to do with justice or anything like that, simply the cheapest option all round rather than dragging every wee bump on the road to court, police would do nothing else.

Anyway, hope it all works out for you, just be prepared for the normal outcome and take anything else as a bonus. No point getting hung up or all upset about it, just learn whatever there is to learn (there are always two sides to every coin), move on, and put it behind you.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Hope you can rescue it and keep driving it. I'd hate to see it as a future barn find
It will be fixed, I have to, spent to much on it not to fix smallish bump like this.

I'm sure the silly bitch will have a breakdown when she gets the quotation from AG!
She won't care, her insurance will be covering it. I believe its insured under some sort of company insurance but I also heard it was her sons car, her husband said he would normally have been driving but he'd just had a drink at lunch so thats why she was driving. I'm wondering if she had one herself.

No police, no witness statements or have they made some sort of statement or at least given you their details ?
I have the details of two witnesses who will say that she pulled out in front of me, I believe my insurance company has contacted them already, hoping to find out more on Monday.

Alan will have that right in no time.
Hope its all fixed in time for my next leave, spent most of yesterday trying to find parts but until I know if its being covered by her insurance I won't buy anything. If not I can claim on my insurance which will loose me my no claims but as it probably going to cost about £5 to £6k to fix its still a better option.

lynnsy

RMS Regular
Drives
Dakar ///M3
Cant believe you were down round Cushendun and I didn't hear about it lol. What sort a BHP is the RB anyways? Sheskburn Garage in Ballycastle actually have a red one of these they wont part with.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
What sort a BHP is the RB anyways? Sheskburn Garage in Ballycastle actually have a red one of these they wont part with.
My RB's running 480hp and 490lbft on high boost.

Really? A red S30Z? I wouldn't part with it either.

Imagine now you will give the outside a full once over?
Probably not, the paint is so good it wouldn't achieve anything, I would like to strip her to a shell and bare metal the whole lot but not sure I'm ready to deal with that amount of stress and work again just yet, plus even leaving out the front section which wouldn't need done again and the repairs paid for by insurance I'd probably still be looking at over £7k I would think.

I do have a plan to do this at somepoint, full bare metal resto and respray, seam welded, stronger rails, half cage and so on but I think I'll have to leave it a while.